Sat nav map update 2021 Superb

Evening all, I have downloaded map update from the Skoda portal using my cars VIN. Extracted to usb stick, put this in the usb port in front of the gear lever, nothing happens. I can't see where there may be an option to start the update ( there was in the Columbus in my previous mk 3). I attach pics of the unit, hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance 

Chris

IMG_20221019_170529417_HDR.jpg

IMG_20221019_170540412_HDR.jpg

Just a further thought, the Skoda portal shows map version ECE 2022/2023 valid since cw25/2022 when I input my VIN. Is the version I have now updated in the car older than this as it says 21.11 (Nov 21?). Just wanted to be sure I have the latest version as off the Germany in a months time. 

Thanks, Chris.

IMG_20221027_111306497_HDR.jpg

19 hours ago, ChrisRJ said:

Just a further thought, the Skoda portal shows map version ECE 2022/2023 valid since cw25/2022 when I input my VIN. Is the version I have now updated in the car older than this as it says 21.11 (Nov 21?). Just wanted to be sure I have the latest version as off the Germany in a months time. 

Thanks, Chris.

IMG_20221027_111306497_HDR.jpg

Yes - November 2021 is the latest on the update portal. I believe that the cw25/2022 means it was released in week 25 of 2022. I keep checking the portal from time to time and hopefully we might get a November 2022 (22.11) database release in the not too distant future.

There are 'over the air' updates provided for those that have a current infotainment online subscription in place, but whether or not they are full database updates I don't know. I'm happy with just an annual downloaded update for the car as my go to satnav is Waze which provides the essential traffic delays, re-routing, speed camera etc. info and just costs the use of a small amount of mobile network data. Might be a better alternative to try out in Germany?

Thanks for the info, I do use Waze sometimes so will use that if needed. I'm off to a part of Germany I haven't been before, hence wanting to use the sat nav, it's just my ocd that likes to have the latest version, I am sure the roads don't change that much. 

On 28/10/2022 at 09:39, VRT24 said:

Yes - November 2021 is the latest on the update portal. I believe that the cw25/2022 means it was released in week 25 of 2022. I keep checking the portal from time to time and hopefully we might get a November 2022 (22.11) database release in the not too distant future.

There are 'over the air' updates provided for those that have a current infotainment online subscription in place, but whether or not they are full database updates I don't know. I'm happy with just an annual downloaded update for the car as my go to satnav is Waze which provides the essential traffic delays, re-routing, speed camera etc. info and just costs the use of a small amount of mobile network data. Might be a better alternative to try out in Germany?

So the answer is you got the USB map update to work when out of the connected services contract ?. Seat people I have suggested that to, try using the Seat Mib3 update site and don't manage to do that.  Also read that the download is provided for countries that don't have connected services eg. parts of East Europe and it doesn't work on cars with connected services... perhaps you need to be out of contract for that to work ?.

12 hours ago, Tell said:

So the answer is you got the USB map update to work when out of the connected services contract ?. Seat people I have suggested that to, try using the Seat Mib3 update site and don't manage to do that.  Also read that the download is provided for countries that don't have connected services eg. parts of East Europe and it doesn't work on cars with connected services... perhaps you need to be out of contract for that to work ?.

If there is a online subscription in place then map database updates as well as live traffic info etc. are provided over the air. Whether or not you can do a map update via USB at the same time I don't know. As to Seat MIB3 systems, I don't know whether they operate the same as Skoda.

I tried to register to the Skoda Connect when I got the car but it was such a faff (I e.  didn't work) that I gave up. Am hoping there will be a newer release of the maps soon. I periodically check the Skoda update portal site. Nothing beyond the version I recently downloaded as yet 

1 minute ago, ChrisRJ said:

I tried to register to the Skoda Connect when I got the car but it was such a faff (I e.  didn't work) that I gave up. Am hoping there will be a newer release of the maps soon. I periodically check the Skoda update portal site. Nothing beyond the version I recently downloaded as yet 

Seat people have murder with the registration for connect services. They loose the primary user, get guest etc. Get screwed up car play. The car position doesn't tally with the map that effects the mobile phone as well. They get undertake prevention when over taking... the list goes on.

I'm waiting till 2030 and then will go EV if not dead by then 🙄.

Anyhow it does appear that you can use the download file then from what you said. I'm making do with mib2 and 5 years of old maps to 2030 🤗. 2025 probably being the last year of mib2 maps updates.

All the VAG mib3 issues are the same across the brand's. Then you have common platform issues on the MQB Evo platform on the systems not working correctly. The SOS system banging the audio. The left / right business of whether the car thinks it's driving on the left or right is an MQB Evo issue. House numbers in fields is an mib3 issue. That's been corrected with a map update. You still find people with it with old maps.

VW rolls out the firmware fixes faster than Seat, not sure of Skoda.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Group_MQB_platform