Car won't start, lots of error messages

Hi, car alarm went off yesterday but didn't think anything of it but have gone to start it today and was met with a load of error messages in the following order 

Power supply. Workshop! 

Auto hold 

Hill hold assist 

Tyre pressure loss indicator 

Fault:automatic headlight control 

12v battery low charge while driving 

Did a video but too large to post.

Took numerous attempts to lock it. Would this be the battery or something more sinister? Any thoughts appreciated.

Screenshot_20221024-111751_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20221024-110901_Gallery.jpg

Edited by Tom34

Very likely to be your battery, it’s around the right time for batteries to start dying with colder evenings.

Have a look at your battery and see if it’s still the OE one as that could be the same battery it’s had all its life.

What year is your car? If it is the original make a note of what battery you have, they’ll be a sticker saying AGM or something else B?? Then buy a direct Varta replacement. If it’s not obvious to you post a picture on here 

You’ll need it coded to your car

Edited by Danoid
  • Like 2

Thanks for the comments, it's a 16 reg.

Battery ooks like the original. Is there a best place to buy an exact Varta replacement? 

Regarding the coding, I read elsewhere on briskoda some saying that for stop/start it's not necessary, is this not correct?

20221024_130626.thumb.jpg.e5b87970daec01f34300ddd48027bed3.jpg

https://www.tayna.co.uk/car-batteries/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjt2Cw_H4-gIVh7btCh1ang2SEAAYASAAEgKtZPD_BwE

I believe that’s where I bought a battery for my old Passat from, or it was battery mega store.

Tanya whack in your reg and it should already know if your battery is EFB if not make sure you click the EFB tab

Once you got the model number you can do more searching if anyone has it cheaper.

I’ll be honest I’m not sure if it’s only stop start that needs coding, hopefully someone else can clarify

• Like 2

https://www.tayna.co.uk/car-batteries/varta/n70/

You have an EFB battery

6R0 915 105 B that is eventually replaced by part number 000 915 105 FC

https://www.autodoc.co.uk/car-parts/oem/000915105fc

EDIT: You will need to adapt the gateway of the car to let it know the new capacity of say 70Ah and just increase the serial number by 1.

EDIT 2: An image for the new part number, zoom and rotate for Varta branding

Just above the no bin option = Varta

1693330982_000915105FC-ZoomforVarta!.thumb.png.0d6467421339d3069887a5bf42b7ad8f.png

Edited by varooom
Additional Information
  • Like 2

A few years ago there was a poor batch of moll batteries fitted. My superb had such a bad battery. It was replaced under warranty. The dealers knows which batteries are affected. 

Our OE 2016 battery is still going strong, but I suspect it’ll start to fail in the next 12m, so I’ve added a battery replacement to the RAC renewal. I do condition it regularly with our C-TEK charger which may’ve helped it longevity.