Wheel sensor/bearing or CAN Bus issue

Sorry I originally posted in wrong forum.

Hi, I have a SKODA Octavia L&K 19D on a 16 plate,  I keep getting failure messages on the dish display, yesterday was a prime example. 

30 miles completed of a 250 miler, and the tyre pressure warning goes off. so I dutifully pull off the motorway and check the pressures, no issue found and reset the warning. 200 miles later I get a cascade failure of warnings starting with loosing cruise control and then stability control and antilock braking, front assist parking assist and cornering lights. stopping and leaving the vehicle including locking  for over an hour will not rest the faults. but normally these will rest on the first journey the following day, within 50metres. 

I don't have a plug in diagnostic so don't know any error codes and am initially reluctant to ask a garage and get charged. for the pleasure. What are your thoughts? 

15 minutes ago, Manchester78 said:

Hi, I have a SKODA Octavia L&K 19D on a 16 plate,  I keep getting failure messages on the dish display, yesterday was a prime example. 

30 miles completed of a 250 miler, and the tyre pressure warning goes off. so I dutifully pull off the motorway and check the pressures, no issue found and reset the warning. 200 miles later I get a cascade failure of warnings starting with loosing cruise control and then stability control and antilock braking, front assist parking assist and cornering lights. stopping and leaving the vehicle including locking  for over an hour will not rest the faults. but normally these will rest on the first journey the following day, within 50metres. 

I don't have a plug in diagnostic so don't know any error codes and am initially reluctant to ask a garage and get charged. for the pleasure. What are your thoughts? 

As I said in the Octavia 4 forum:

I had a very similar chain of error messages on my previous 1.4TSI Octavia 3 estate - the root cause was a failing wheel speed sensor, and I strongly suspect that is the problem you have too.

All those systems need to know the vehicle speed, hence why a wheel speed sensor causes all those errors.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Manchester78 said:

how much to fix?

Mine was the offside rear wheel speed sensor which is integrated into the wheel bearing so it was £500 at Marshalls Barnstaple.

Not sure about the cost if it is a front wheel speed sensor - you need a proper scan to know which wheel speed sensor is faulty.

• Like 1