Virtual Cockpit retrofit - 5E0920790 vs 5E0920790A?

Ah got it - appreciate the info.

I just found this thread (https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/462065-head-unit-upgrade/?do=findComment&comment=5490270), which mentions the A has a higher software revision - so I guess I'll get that one.

Does anybody know if there's any physical installation guides, or walkthroughs for the virtual cockpit? I've seen a few testimonials from people who've done it, but I can't find anything that walks you through doing it.

And the coding afterwards - how difficult is that?

For context, I have retrofitted a VC to my 2018 245 vRS so it should be pretty similar to yours.

Both a new and used VC will need the following after installation:

- component protection unlocking

- coding

- adaptions

- immobiliser pairing

- odometer correcting

Adaptions can be copied from the old cluster. Coding is pretty similar but I think one or two bits needed to be flipped. CP and immo will need ODIS with an online subscription.

Quick note regarding the odometer:

- With a new cluster, you can just set the correct odometer reading.

- With a used cluster, this is not possible...

As far as I know, it's only possible to increase the odometer on a used cluster so make sure it has a lower mileage than your car! Most the mileage increase solutions will do the it at a certain MPH, the one I bought can do ~4000 miles per day...

Physical side was super easy:

- cover under the cluster pulls out

- remove the two screws

- pull the cluster out and remove the connector

The trim piece under the cluster should be changed as it's a slightly different shape, part number 5E0857053B.

If the MFSW buttons don't have a 'view' button, for an full factory fitted experience, they should also be changed, I used part number 3V0919719E (manual gearbox).

For map display on the VC and radio logos etc, you'll need to add a MOST (fibre optic) between the VC and headunit/amp. There are a few extra coding changes to get it working afterwards.

• 2 months later...