Superb 3 150 bhp 2.0 d (manual) oil conundrum!

Hello esteemed superb owners, i am looking for a bit of clarity around engine oil.

I recently purchased my superb and the good people at a car firm that rhymes with pinch have advised me that they carried out an oil and filter change on my beautiful superb before they sold it to me.

I have my suspicions that this may be hogwash and seeing as she deserves only the best treatment i am going to do another one, however.....

Clarity on which oil to use is hard to come by and i am getting differing information.

From what i have read historically these models would run on 5W30 FS III .....But that this changed in early 2019  to 0W 20 FS IV 

If anyone can help me understand the right way to go i would appreciate it greatly

Thanks

Midge

Open the bonnet and just above the grille there will be a sticker stating the oil grade that your engine uses. Mine states 0W-20.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So where was it serviced for CINCH or before they got it?

I would do an Oil & Filter service.   Trust nobody.  Especially not them.

The VW508 00 / 509 00 so 0w 20 FS IV is just more expensive, it is not scarce is it?

and what VW Group starting using for the WPLT / Certification. Lower Emissions maybe. 

So if you want you could go 0w 30 FS III, or stick with oil changes with 5w 30 FS III,  So the VW504 00 / 507 00

Do not go mixing specs, top up if needed with what is in from the Service. 

??

What does the service history show as done so far?

Even if aFull Main Dealer Service History, that can be a history showing what has not yet been done.

922218293_Screenshot2022-09-2115_58_57.jpg.3711dc86397a804fc83f268add4ae736.jpg

image (1).webp

2020-01-08_1834.webp

1025295341_Screenshot2021-09-29at07_53_17.jpg.f3e4a6dc63cb89105f9b1ac440bb1614.jpg.94c996f27eaa950184808025b777ceb5.jpg

Edited by toot
  • Thanks 2

To be honest I have just purchased a fuel, pollen, oil and air filter for her, the oil itself was the last piece of the puzzle. She has had 2 Skoda service visits and "allegedly" a service by bcm, given the wheels were welded on through oxidation between the alloy and the bolt mount I suspect the bcm service was non existent. Thanks for taking the time to reply guys

• Like 1

Road wheels are not removed during a service, if they were we would be reading of wheels falling off after servicing on a regular basis, instead we get oil over/underfilled, differential oil drained instead of Haldex and the diff seizing etc etc.

They dont even remove the sump drain plug but that doesn't stop them from charging you for a new one which hasn't replaced the old one which wasn't removed. It's just as well really or there would be 10 dry engines seizing for every dry differential.

• 5 weeks later...