Weird engine noise and on-board witnesses check engine, oil transpiration for octavia mk3 2017 1.6 tdi

Hi,

Just bought a Octavia 3, 1.6 TDI 116HP/85KW with 100k mileage.

Was bought from a Skoda shop from Belgium and has 1 year warranty.

The car was inspected by the Belgian authorities and had the service made by the shop from where I bought it, the shop did not mention any of issues with car, and I did not notice any of below issues when I looked at the car in their location.

I contacted the shop for more info but still no response from them, warranty is available in my location but will need shop approval to get it to a Skoda service.

I traveled from Belgium to my home country like 1.600 km and everything seemed fine until the second day I arrived, few things I noticed:

1. Weird noise from the below engine(video in google drive folder below)
  2. The oil cap leaks, this was not the case when I bought the car, checked if it was properly closed, but still leaks.(is it a common issue?)
  3. Check engine on-board witness showed.(image in google drive)
  4. LCD has a weird line don't know what is that(maybe was cracked?)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/13oCqRa9x_qfEimYwb-NGklz9343k_oaq

Anything that I should be worrierd?

Thanks!

By the way, this is my first car, so I don't know a lot about this cars stuff.

Found different things about the weird engine sound on multiple forums but still don't quite understand why I did not hear it when I tested the car at the dealer...

3. The check engine light always comes on with the ignition and goes off when the engine starts. This is so you can check someone hasn't removed the bulb to hide a fault. If it isn't on when the engine is running you didn't noticed it before.

4. Looks to straight to be a crack. Could be a row of dying pixels. Does it stay in the same place if you move the map? Is it there on other screens?

44 minutes ago, HappySam said:

This is so you can check someone hasn't removed the bulb to hide a fault

There is no bulb to be removed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HappySam said:

3. The check engine light always comes on with the ignition and goes off when the engine starts. This is so you can check someone hasn't removed the bulb to hide a fault. If it isn't on when the engine is running you didn't noticed it before.

4. Looks to straight to be a crack. Could be a row of dying pixels. Does it stay in the same place if you move the map? Is it there on other screens?

4. The issue with LCD only appears on white backgrounds that's why I did not see it, It stays in the same place if I move the map, and shows everywhere where are light colors.

2 hours ago, HappySam said:

1 minute ago, pdd96 said:

4. The issue with LCD only appears on white backgrounds that's why I did not see it, It stays in the same place if I move the map, and shows everywhere where are light colors.

Definitely sounds like a row of dead pixels. at least the screen is only a screen so you can replace that without having to change the main unit in the glovebox and with no Component Protection issues.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PetrolDave said:

Definitely sounds like a row of dead pixels. at least the screen is only a screen so you can replace that without having to change the main unit in the glovebox and with no Component Protection issues.

what about other issues? the weird noise and oil cap seem very worrying to me.