Noise during opening and closing doors - any solution

Hi all,

I'm driving Skoda Octatia 1.5 TSI DSG Estate model since November. Now it has 4000 km and since yesterday I can hear strange noise from rear right side when closing or opening doors with closed window no mather is it when engine is working or not. When any window or trunk is opened at least for a bit there is no any noise which on first sight is caused by air pressure or something connected to air system. I can describe noise as blocking of someting like check valve - don't know how to better desribe it.:D

Did anyone had a similar issue to share experience?

TomTom88 and timster thanks for feedback!

I missed correct side and it's left as TomTom88 wrote.

I also haven't heard about something similar, but it happened on mine. :D

I'll discuss this with dealer and share final feedback from the service.

There is nothing to discuss, it is just how it works 😁 sometimes you hear it, sometimes you don't it depends on how hard you slap the door 😀 cars had it for ages, otherwise if someone is inside they ears would pop 🤣

• Like 1

5 hours ago, timster said:

I noticed this too with Octavia. Never heard it before being so audible in previous cars.

+1
Obvious for me since day 1 with Octavia, Never heard it so obvious in any other car I ever drove. But I didn't see it as a fault, just strange implementation... I'm  guessing Octavia has some hard flap hitting against  a hard material, while other cars probably have some softer material, at least on the interface/contact area.

On 12/01/2023 at 11:25, TomTom88 said:

As you said, it is probably air pressure valve which is located behind rear bumper I think on the left side 😀

Noticed them while soundproofing the boot on my liftback last year. The flap hidden behind the black shroud visible on the left side panel. The shroud itself is just hard plastic and isn't very firm, so I glued some foam over it to keep it from rattling, just in case.

IMG_20220918_115651.thumb.jpg.142addf60767d6f1716dcfd7f12fc184.jpg