After front wheel tracking steering wheel on wonk? Is this normal? (drives straight still)

Morning all. Recently had some new tyres fitted so had a wheel alignment too, and while the car drives straight and true (doesn't pull to either side), the steering wheel is now slightly on the wonk to the right hand side.

Now obviously if the tracking is ok and the tyres aren't being scrubbed that's the most important thing, but it's driving me round the bend (pun not intended) having the steering wheel wonky when driving straight.

Is this a common Skoda thing or have they messed up the tracking?

Cheers!

2 minutes ago, toot said:

Welcome.

Common, so best go back and ask the manager of the place to put someone competent on the car to correct what the last person did wrong.

Cheers! Ok so it was something they did wrong then... wasn't sure if I had a dodgy steering rack or something.. Thanks mate

14 minutes ago, RobSuf said:

Is this a common Skoda thing or have they messed up the tracking?

I'm not saying it was a Skoda main stealership, but it sounds very much like they have wound all the adjustment onto one track rod and off the other. I'll bet that if you measure them the LH one is longer than the RH.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, KenONeill said:

I'm not saying it was a Skoda main stealership, but it sounds very much like they have wound all the adjustment onto one track rod and off the other. I'll bet that if you measure them the LH one is longer than the RH.

Local indie who are normally decent unfortunately 😞 Sounds like a strong possibility 

5 minutes ago, toot said:

Yes,

they never ensured the steering wheel was were it should be. never rolled the car back and fore and never did a road test. 

Yup just straight in and out of the garage 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KenONeill said:

What you describe would be no change in tracking adjustment.

They will have done the adjustment on one track rod only, if they were bothered to go to both sides they would have done the job correctly.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...