Front Window Glass Sticking To Rubber Seals

Hi all.
This has been bugging me for a while but never got around to asking.
The front window glass sticks to the rubber seals when closed so i always have to bump the electric windows down to un-stick them before fully engaging the motor.
Is there anything i can put on the rubber to stop it happening, like something silicon based?
Just feels like its going to trash the window mech if i keep doing it. Seems like a bit of a **** design on these cars along with the body shape where water from the roof just goes straight into the car when you open the door! My drivers door has water marks all down the trim, I've given up cleaning it off this time of year.

Cheers

A wash with soapy water is a quick starter.

Rubber treatment.  Like Tyre & Bumper dressing / Spray, i use Tesco stuff, citrus smell.

Gummi Pflege Rubber Protection for door seals and windows is the stuff to buy.

Edited by toot

I might have some tyre dressing left in the sprayer, didn't think about using that. Not heard of the Gummi stuff before.
Just had a quick search there's loads of it out there.
Guess just have to get in the habit of doing it regularly. 

Please note - I am not a mechanic or expert in anything.

Gummi Pflege is just German for rubber care, it was something for VW fans would use until they found a more expensive alternative.

For door seals and such I use AutoGlym Bumper & Trim Gel when finances allow or you can use silicone oil or even spray but some say the paint doesn't like silicone so you could go to my old standby of GT85 as its PTFE instead.  I don't bother cleaning first anymore as I'm too lazy and not that bothered.

Apply gel or oil, or even spray, with a 35mm cube of clean old sponge.

The GT85 can also be sprayed on the hinges, locks, used as a releasing/penetrating fluid  anything that WD-40 isn't as good at.

siliconelubricantsa.jpg.a149a777697648e44528ecab9e7b6ab6.jpg

At great personal risk I mentioned the 35mm cube so I might as well put up the photo of the can of GT85 I'm living dangerously today.

GT85.thumb.jpg.946e432851e047cf8e0d1f267e434421.jpg

Edited by nta16
ETA: Please note - I am not a mechanic or expert in anything.

Please note - I am not a mechanic or expert in anything.

2 hours ago, Gonzini said:

I might have some PTFE spray or some of that bumper & trim gel. I'll have a rummage in the shed...

If your shed gets as cold as my shed gets then you might need to bring the bottle or can into the warm for a while before shaking well before use.

2 hours ago, Gonzini said:

😆

Yeah it was funny, more ironic when you know it comes from my stalking troll, it did made me smile though.