Removing plastic intake manifold

Hi All

I have been getting the manifold flaps error for a while. The error light is now staying on and I want to try the wee metal bracket on the manifold to see if that fixes the issue. I also need to replace the thermostat. I need to remove the manifold to fit the bracket and hopefully gain access to change the thermostat.

I have looked at many posts and pages and some videos of fixes on different vehicles but I couldn't find any really good how tos or videos for removing and refitting the plastic manifold specifically from the Octavia mk2 diesel CEGA from start to finish. For example, I am not sure about disconnecting high pressure fuel lines or does the fuel system need primed once they are connected back up etc.

Is there anything out there that can help with the manifold and thermostat?

Cheers

Dave

Sorry not a lot of experience on the diesels. It certainly won’t harm anything by running the priming routine once reconnected. Don’t know if it is mandated though, in workshop manual.  if it’s the common rail connections to the injectors, it should only be the last leg of fuel your going to lose. Free bump for others to jump in.