Blind spot detection

Good morning all

I have taken delivery of my new kodiaq se L exec

I have almost every extra but no blind spot detection, does anyone know if this can be retrofitted and if so any recommendations?

when I ordered the car it was in the list included in the pack but has since been removed, tried contacting Škoda but no response as yet

thanks in advance

Anything is possible but would have thought the time and cost involved would be prohibitive. Apart from the obvious mirror and blind spot indicator upgrades, I believe the system requires extra sensors at the side of the car hidden underneath the rear bumper - think these are the same sensors used for rear cross assist so assume you don't have that either.  Was that also on the original spec?

On a separate note, I've been looking at vans recently and was confused why Peugeot dropped their rear parking sensors. ( which you kinda want on a large panel van ). I've been since told Peugeot dropped then so they could continue building panel vans otherwise the production output would have been reduced due to semi-conductor supply problems. Sounds reasonable Skoda may have dropped blind spot on your car for the very same reason. I hope you were conpensated.

According to the August 2021 brochure I have,  Blind spot was a £575 option, or you could get Lane assist and blind spot for £1000.

The Travel assist pack was £1020, and does not include Blind spot detection.

Attached is from November 2022 and as you can see the Blind spot options have disappeared. The Travel assist pack is still available, but as before does not include Blind spot detection.

D81AE06F-677B-4404-938C-0AB3E12DCC85.jpeg

Yes, it is possible and has already been done by many Skoda (and other VAG cars) owners on their own.

The possibility of retrofitting and, accordingly, its cost may vary depending on the basic configuration of your car, the availability of VCDS and / or PagCanPRO (VCP), etc. and work skills. I myself am now in the progress of retrofitting my OCTAVIA. For more details, I can recommend to visit www.drive2.com. Unfortunately, the most of upgrading projects are written in Russia, but several ones can be found in English.

I'm also sure that you can find many people or firms near by that are specialized in such retrofit.  Good Luck!

• 4 months later...

Hello,

Finally, I contrived  to install my Lane Change Assist (BSD / RTA). It seems to me that the new assistant works as it should. In order that you can better understand, which specifications my car has, which radars I set and what has to be done, I would like to refer you to my post in Ross-Tech Forums (see link below). Although I am not a real expert with regard to coding etc., do not hesitate to ask me.

https://forums.ross-tech.com/index.php?threads/37614/#post-313394

Best regards

P.S.

After the work done, I estimate this retrofit not so complex as was seen in the beginning.

• Thanks 1