2nd Key fob not recognising user

Grady

Octavia iv SEL 1st Edition

My wife's key fob is not being automatically linked to her account on the Infotainment system. It's worked in the past without fault, but now when she gets into the car and turns the ignition on. It simply brings up the Skoda login screen. 

The wierd thing is, if she turns the ignition off, then turns it back on again, it seems to find her and resets the seat/mirrors etc. to her liking. 

Anyone else had this problem? 

Would it help if I deleted her as another user and then simply re-enter her details as a new user? And how wouid I actually do that? 

Not sure I can offer any help solving this, but you've got me thinking.

My wife drives my SEL FE once every proverbial blue moon and last time we had a similar issue. Didn't have the time to investigate and had forgotten about it since 🙄. I wonder if one or other of the major s/w updates has messed with the pairing. Seem to recall that after the last big update my key loaded my user and seat position OK but some of the settings had reverted to default.

Might have to have a fiddle during the week....

Just wondering if the fact that "her indoors" uses her own Skoda Connect account details makes a difference. 

Should I be adding her (and her keyfob) as a guest to me as the main user, or stick with trying to use her own account settings? 

The way Skoda profiles work is a bit strange. For starters, MySkoda will only work with the primary user profile. So I can't add my wife's account as guest - that requires to make her primary user. 

At the same time, making an account in car requires Skoda Connect profile as you need to log in with the username, password and PIN.

What I did after a bit of experimentation and it seems to work well:

- Both me and my wife have Skoda Connect account

- MySkoda is installed on both our phones, but it's using my account because I'm the 'primary' user

- We both have profiles created in car's infotainment system - mine is using my Skoda Connect account, and wife is using hers.

- Each of us went to the car whilst having only their personal key inside and configured seats, settings, etc according to their needs using own profile

Following all this 'dance' the car now correctly recognises us by the key.

• Thanks 1

Thx @AndreyZh for getting on bottom of this issue.

QQ: Does the car must be added in both 'primary' and 'guest' Skoda Connect accounts? OR is it enough to be added only for the Primary user and the 2-d user just to use his/her ("empthy") account to create profile in  car's infotainment system?

Br

17 hours ago, djmartzian said:

QQ: Does the car must be added in both 'primary' and 'guest' Skoda Connect accounts? OR is it enough to be added only for the Primary user and the 2-d user just to use his/her ("empthy") account to create profile in  car's infotainment system?

The car needs to be added only in Primary Skoda Connect account.

Second account one is created 'empty' just to be able to create another profile in the car.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

On 21/02/2023 at 09:54, AndreyZh said:

The way Skoda profiles work is a bit strange. For starters, MySkoda will only work with the primary user profile. So I can't add my wife's account as guest - that requires to make her primary user. 

At the same time, making an account in car requires Skoda Connect profile as you need to log in with the username, password and PIN.

What I did after a bit of experimentation and it seems to work well:

- Both me and my wife have Skoda Connect account

- MySkoda is installed on both our phones, but it's using my account because I'm the 'primary' user

- We both have profiles created in car's infotainment system - mine is using my Skoda Connect account, and wife is using hers.

- Each of us went to the car whilst having only their personal key inside and configured seats, settings, etc according to their needs using own profile

Following all this 'dance' the car now correctly recognises us by the key.

Hello,

I've tried today the above procedure but with no luck. The second SK Connect account has been created prior to try to create and to add a new user/account in the car's infotainment system.
Basically I've managed to type in the username and password, but then I didn't find a way to move on after the validation screen with the QR code and SKODA ID profile verification. It's keep complaining about "unable to load the required data. Try again later".  I used both keys, one at a time, without luck.

What am I missing here?

Br

IMG_20230314_130819.jpg

IMG_20230314_130435.jpg

Edited by djmartzian

17 minutes ago, AndreyZh said:

Can't help you here, mate. For the second user (not primary user) it never asked me to verify with the QR code. It was only necessary for the primary user.

Thx mate. Maybe another software gremlin :bug:

QQ: Have you use your profile(Primary - with your key) to add/configure the Secondary account OR the second key that you associate it afterwards with SK Connect empty account?

Edited by djmartzian

The only thing that I've got to add to my original post, is that when it was asking for the wife's login details, I simply used my own account details, as the Primary User. Despite me creating her own Skoda Connect account. I just made sure my main account was "activated" in the app.

Since then, we've have had no further issues. The seat are now moving to the correct position, along with the settings for both of us. So long as you lock the car with the correct key fob. 

Hope this helps. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, djmartzian said:

QQ: Have you use your profile(Primary - with your key) to add/configure the Secondary account OR the second key that you associate it afterwards with SK Connect empty account?

I played it safe, not to confuse the system, and went with a second key to connect secondary account. I didn't have primary key on me.

• Like 1

Same in my case. I used the secondary key to unlock the vehicle and try to add a new user, BUT I can't continue after the validation screen with the QR code and SKODA ID profile verification. It's keep complaining about "unable to load the required data. Try again later". Re-tried in this evening with same result.

• Sad 1

Short Update:
I've managed to do the key mapping with the Guest profile/account. Basically one key is mapped to Primary User (with also have Skoda Connect online services: lock, unlock,...) and the 2-d key is mapped to Guest one. I've did some testing with different settings for the 2 users (different VC layout, different Bolero widgets, different favourites Radio stations, because my card doesn't have memory seats and mirrors) and it seems that is working as expected. Locking the car with primary key, and returning after 10-15min with the 2-d key, and vice-versa, the correct settings(the ones mentioned above) are stored and loaded.
The only disadvantage of this it's that configuration for the Guest user is stored locally within the MIB3, rather than cloud for the Primary user. In case something when wrong the settings/configuration might get lost.

Still I don't understand why I can't add a new user even if an "empty" Skoda Connect account has been created in first place.

Edited by djmartzian
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1