Fabia 2014 dsg vrs, Any issues with re-setting adaption settings

Crucian

15 hours ago, Crucian said:

As title I feel as if these (various previous owner settings) need resetting to re learn adaptions based on my driving styles, are there any watch outs ?

Are you basing this on video's you seen YouTube or the proper adaption settings when fitting a new clutch or mechatronic that are done through VCDS OR odis?

Only way to change how the way the TCU shifts automatically is to get is mapped(which I would recommend). Other than that, Just drive it in manual mode.

Yeah mate they are adaption settings for when installing anything to to with transmission ie clutch, mechatronic or even a new box. There's a few perks to having VCDS as you can change the power steering sensitivity, turn of XDS braking system for track days etc and having the ability to code in a new or used mechatronic.

Edited by Mickmartin