Karoq Boot Lid Broken Pull Handle

Lloydg

My Karoq Boot Pull Handle has sheared off, I have managed to pull the remaining half out of its retaining space inside the trim after unscrewing the retaining Torx screw, Having purchased the replacement from Skoda Parts I have tried to reassemble the new handle without success, mainly due to the very tight gap exposed. Has anybody successfully replaced this handle and please would they tell me how, Thanks Lloyd

There is an older thread at 

which talks about this problem, and may give you some help, or at least people to contact.

Best of luck,

Chris

I've recently replaced ours. You need to undo the bolt that holds it in, then using trim removal tools (plastic lever) pull the bottom right hand side of the boot trim off. I only pulled out the right hand side as you can just get your hand round to remove the broken bit (if needed).

I found I needed the trim off else the broken bit wouldn't come out and you can't get the new one in as the angle it goes in at and the boot structure.

Push the trim back (careful to check clips are lined up with holes as you push it back). Then torx bolt back in. 

Hi kprida77,

Many Thanks for your reply, I managed to remove the remaining part after a few struggles without removing the trim, I noticed that the end was very flat compared with the new handle must have been tightened by Hercules! Probably why I am having trouble getting the new handle into a very tight gap. Yes it looks like I will have to loosen the trim to increase the gap to be able to push the handle end in to its resting place!

• 1 month later...

I did try to reduce the thickness of the new pull down handle and add a radius to its edges but still could not push it into position. So I have got around the problem by finding a longer screw with the same thread size added a washer and fastened it to the outside of the Slot / aperture, it worked a treat. If any body follows this remedy please remember not to overtighten the screw. the only drawback is my screw and washer are silver not black like the original screw.

Did mine the other week.  I removed the bolt holding the handle in. 

Then pryed the boot lid trim away at the top, just a bit until it disengages with clips that hold it in.   

This gives enough room to feed the handle through the hole.

• 2 weeks later...

The easiest job ever though I did buy a set of trim removal tools from Amazon telling myself they'll be useful for other jobs around the house. They cost about £25 but it was the super deluxe set and they made light work of popping the fasteners starting at the corner and working round to the lock. The handle was £14.41 half of which was DHL delivery. Not sure what the dealer would charge, probably more than £40 and not the best journey. Next job a visit to Autoglas for a new windscreen as washing for the first time in ages discovered a chip and a crack right at the bottom of the screen