Samsung Galaxy S22 series failes to connect to Android Auto

MGV

On 15/05/2023 at 11:24, MGV said:

Answer from Skoda CZ

"We have confirmed that some Volkswagen, SKODA and SEAT vehicles are not connecting to some Android OS mobile phone models and Android Auto.

We are working on updating the car kit's SW to resolve the issue. Once this is completed, we will share details on how affected users can update their SW.

Actually, we are not able to tell when exactly the update will be available. We expect the release this year.

Thank you for bearing with us while we work to resolve this issue."

If you get an update on that, would you mind sharing it here? Thanks.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Update, tested on Seat ibiza 2022, and it WORKS with S23 Ultra, even without cable. So Skoda you have the answer on Seat's software.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Those are finally good news.

I purchased skoda fabia this month just to find out that AA is not working with my S23 ultra. But my fiancés cheap xiaomi is working without a problem 😀😪

Can you please let us know when you have some news regarding this matter?

Thank you. Vlad

Just now, Bartalos said:

Those are finally good news.

I purchased skoda fabia this month just to find out that AA is not working with my S23 ultra. But my fiancés cheap xiaomi is working without a problem 😀😪

Can you please let us know when you have some news regarding this matter?

Thank you. Vlad

Sure i will.

• Love it! 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, GizmoMKD said:

My Kamiq with Bolero has this software: MEN3_EI_SK370_P2345L  MU_SW: 1790 and it's not working with s23 Series but works with S21. any update to this software?

Most likely same issue and same fix, mine has 1760. No update i'm afraid Skoda has answered me that the update will be released this autumn. And in the begining they said end of summer.:(

• 2 months later...
On 22/11/2023 at 15:12, MGV said:

BIG NEWS

Should be fixed :

image.thumb.png.d386b82d1d0ab392b1b78a393f7dac80.png

If any of you updates let me know of SW version, I currently have 1760, my car dealer has 1790 but unsure if that fixes Android Auto (they say they were not notified), also asked Skoda reg which is the version that fixes this.

I will come back with updates.

Skoda does not want to specify version number  😡

image.png.f2d8bf93baeacefe1a4c3c777c6c93fb.png

It is like Area 51, my car dealer says they do not have the update. So the update exists but you can't get it 😞

• 2 weeks later...

Friday I am scheduled to visit the car dealership. I will keep you updated.

Also I found a Wireless Smartlink activation license from Skoda that can be activated  in the car dealership for about 61 EUR.

Will let you know if works,

My car is now in service, will let you know. I was notified on my Youtube video that it is confirmed version on cable with version 1800 (currently 1760).

Also waiting for Wireless Smartlink activation, license ordered by dealer.

I have updated my Bolero in Škoda service to version 1800 and finaly successfully upgraded Smartlink to wireless. With versions 1790 and 1798 it wasn't possible to do Smartlink upgrade, infotainment didn't accept coding. Also problems with Samsung S23 have been solved.

They spent half a year inventing functional software. I have no words.

4 hours ago, iommu said:

I have updated my Bolero in Škoda service to version 1800 and finaly successfully upgraded Smartlink to wireless. With versions 1790 and 1798 it wasn't possible to do Smartlink upgrade, infotainment didn't accept coding. Also problems with Samsung S23 have been solved.

They spent half a year inventing functional software. I have no words.

Working via cable with 1800 version. Dealer activate wireless version of Smart link as well but i cannot connect my S23 Ultra, have connected to the wireless hotspot of the car (did not had option on version 1760) but cannot connect wirelessly.

Dealer manage to connect wirelessly with Iphone 13 Pro.

So do you have it working on Android ? First image if i click to connect wireless i get an error, second is from phone menu, with phone connected only via BT,

WhatsApp Image 2023-12-08 at 15.10.41_bfbd1d8f.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2023-12-08 at 15.10.41_fecd3a3f.jpg

On 08/12/2023 at 16:46, MGV said:

Fixed wireless as well, needed to pair phone again, I got a prompt to use Android Auto and it works flawlesly :).

Here it is :)

• Like 1