Samsung Galaxy S22 series failes to connect to Android Auto

MGV

Meanwhile the second service i contacted is investigating.

Also lot of people with the issue with the S23 series as well :

37 minutes ago, markcloverpfc21 said:

Yes i see a lot having problems with the Samsung 22 and 23 ive got 23 and got it working by doing what i said in my reply to you it works fine now my car is superb sportline cant be done on the screen has to be done on the google maps phone settings 

Can you please specify what have you changed in Google Maps ? Not sure what settings you refer to.

Thanks

31 minutes ago, markcloverpfc21 said:

On your phone go to settings then to 1.apps

2.then find maps

3.then to permissions 

4.then to location permissions 

5.at top should say Allow all the time press on that so it  turns blue 

That should solve your problem it did myn let me no how you get on ok

Not working, as i told you it is Android Auto that does not seem to start, cannot see the solution in setting Google Maps with permanent location permission.

Thanks anyway.

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-22 at 17.54.22.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-22 at 17.54.12.jpeg

7 minutes ago, markcloverpfc21 said:

Ive a diffent system to you myns the bigger touch screen one sorry didnt work for you dont no what else to suggest my phone always connected to android auto anyway just the map part didnt work till i changed that in settings 

No worries, have a nice day. I'll keep searching for solutions.

@varooom
Can you send it to me?
I have exactly the same problem with an S22 Ultra.
Android Auto works fine with a Samsung Galaxy S9 and an A52s

This is the information that is in my car now.
SW Train: MEN3_EU_SK370_P0393L
MU SW: 1310

My car has just had its 2 year service and nothing has been updated

15 minutes ago, Mickydk said:

@varooom
Can you send it to me?
I have exactly the same problem with an S22 Ultra.
Android Auto works fine with a Samsung Galaxy S9 and an A52s

This is the information that is in my car now.
SW Train: MEN3_EU_SK370_P0393L
MU SW: 1310

My car has just had its 2 year service and nothing has been updated

I don't think there is an update to yours,

There are 04xx versions, 07xx versions, 1233 version, your 1310, and 17xx versions, these big changes between numbers suggests these firmwares are tied to hardware revisions.

1 hour ago, varooom said:

I don't think there is an update to yours,

There are 04xx versions, 07xx versions, 1233 version, your 1310, and 17xx versions, these big changes between numbers suggests these firmwares are tied to hardware revisions.

Alright thanks.
It is also the same radio Bolero I have.

• Like 1

Hello. First post on this forum... I am a Scala owner who recently got a shiny new S22 and am thus having exactly the issues described here with Android Auto. I'm happy to have a crack at updating the infotainment system if a) there's a relevant update and b) someone can walk me through the steps required? I've hopefully attached a photo of the current firmware etc. 

20230326_103430.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Henry1977 said:

Hello. First post on this forum... I am a Scala owner who recently got a shiny new S22 and am thus having exactly the issues described here with Android Auto. I'm happy to have a crack at updating the infotainment system if a) there's a relevant update and b) someone can walk me through the steps required? I've hopefully attached a photo of the current firmware etc. 

20230326_103430.jpg

I can send you a possible update, it will either work or not as their updates are weird to say the least.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Henry1977 said:

20230326_103430.jpg

Updates are done automatically 

On 30/03/2023 at 10:17, MGV said:

Changed phone yesterday, same issue on Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra 😞

Not that i was expecting it working :).

New update AA, issue still the same AA on phone says car is connected, car says connection with  S23 Ultra failed. 😞

Great news everyone! Samsung released a big update these days that fixed the compatibility issue with new Skoda and Volkswagen cars. It's a big 1.5GB update and it's advertised as "camera improvements".

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jbstar said:

Great news everyone! Samsung released a big update these days that fixed the compatibility issue with new Skoda and Volkswagen cars. It's a big 1.5GB update and it's advertised as "camera improvements".

Have you tested or seen the change log ? No update for S23 Ultra- up to date.

8 minutes ago, jbstar said:

Yes, I've tested it myself. Everything finally works after one year of waiting and complaining everywhere. Nothing in changelog about this. It just works.

Nice, using S23 Ultra now, but no update yet. Hopefully soon.

Tested now, and it is the same, the phone is up to date with April security patch, so maybe not fixed for S23 Ultra just yet.

4 hours ago, jbstar said:

Where did you get the update from?

• Like 1

AA got updated today, still same message on S23 Ultra, phone says Android auto is connected, car says connection failed.

WhatsApp Image 2023-04-12 at 14.36.38.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-04-12 at 14.36.22.jpeg

On 11/04/2023 at 11:20, jbstar said:

Where did you get the update from?
Will it automatically appear on the screen in the car and tell you that there is an update?

• 1 month later...

Answer from Skoda CZ

"We have confirmed that some Volkswagen, SKODA and SEAT vehicles are not connecting to some Android OS mobile phone models and Android Auto.

We are working on updating the car kit's SW to resolve the issue. Once this is completed, we will share details on how affected users can update their SW.

Actually, we are not able to tell when exactly the update will be available. We expect the release this year.

Thank you for bearing with us while we work to resolve this issue."