Connect App

I’ve lost the ability to lock and unlock my car along with some other options.  I can only turn on the ventilation and see my parking position.  Been like this for four days.IMG_6370.thumb.png.ea8a473fc4ab522b27e191c61e990b89.png

I sent a email to Skoda support and got this back so they’re looking into it. If I use Android it’s all ok same with the web app https://www.skoda-connect.com/.  So only an issue on iOS for me

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We are sorry to hear that the issue persists and apologize for any inconvenience caused.

We have forwarded the information to our technical department and they will investigate the issue further. We will let you know as soon as we have a solution.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

With kind regards,

Support for Digital Services

Edited by Alan7690

not good again! škoda has not connected to the server for two days. Tried restarting the multimedia and updated information is not visible in the app or web version. what is going on? how to solve this problem? will the eSIM module run out? or something else?

škoda service could not help by phone, so that they recommended restarting the multimedia.  of course so it doesn't help! i thought of restarting the whole car by disconnecting the battery and everything is working now, although the data of two days' journeys of almost 300 km have been lost.  I suspect a faulty SOS module.

On 28/04/2023 at 09:20, SteveTheElder said:

Calm down mate, you’ll blow a fuse…

Yes, I’ve had the app upgrade too, and at the moment get the “Connection Failure” notification, so logged in to the online web portal. It looks like there has been a big UI update to the web side of things and I guess the app will have too; I like the new web portal layout. At the moment it seems the app gateway servers are still down during/after the upgrade/update. It’ll be back.

I’m curious though. You say the app had lost all of you data - how do you know if you can’t connect? All that has happened is that the new app needs you to login again and enter the VIN.

My only gripe is it’d be good if they let us know when a major update is happening though some form of app notification.

The MySkoda Essentials app for iPhone lost pretty much all functionality: like the ability to see if the doors/windows are open and/or locked, the Flash & Honk, how much mileage is left, etc. All that it left is the screen that offers to run the Ventilation for 10 minutes. And then when I tried that, just out of curiosity, I got the response "Unable to Connect To Vehicle. Please Try Again Later". It has been this way since the update. For a pay-for app, this is not really the way things should be.

The My Skoda Essentials app was playing up and lost the ability to lock / unlock for a few days .

When I opened it today all was well and full functionality returned !