Looking for a rear axle

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/353878415474?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=4shbm6n2SBa&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=7cWLiTnxRpi&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Looking for a pair of rear wishbones and bushes and I've found this whole kit. 

Anyone ever heard of them? 🤔

I feel tempted to buy this kit but not sure about the quality. 

After all my car is already 15 years old and the original subframe has lasted all this time. 

It'll outlive the rest of the car so I wouldn't be overly concerned about quality, the name of the game is finding something cost effective to suffice until the vehicle's retirement.

I'd be tempted with that kit for mine tbh if it gets condemned come MOT time. 

Has to be better than used an rusty parts. 

If you buy it then treat once yearly with lanoguard - can inject the axle and it should keep it looking good for the rest of the life of the car 

German Ebay sellers are in my experience excellent to deal with and don't sell rubbish.

Blimey, that doesn't seem bad money presuming its of good quality.

I replaced the rear wishbones on mine a while back now, used what I thought was a good pattern brand, although for the life of me cant remember what it was and within months they were as rusty as the old ones. Very disappointed.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, this is what's inside the package - not yet fully unpacked as won't be fitted until later on. 

2 lower wishbones, 2 upper wishbones, 2 track rods, rear axle, bolts, 2 drop links 

IMG_20230412_110907.jpg

All looks good. Re the drop damage do you mean the scratches? 

Look forward to seeing how it all goes together, are you fitting it yourself?

I applied the lanoguard to my pretty badly rusted axle and suspension parts a few months ago and it appears to have halted any further corrosion- could be a good bet on new parts to keep them tip top, especially if the paint is compromised. 

On 12/04/2023 at 21:23, SussexTrek said:

All looks good. Re the drop damage do you mean the scratches? 

Look forward to seeing how it all goes together, are you fitting it yourself?

I applied the lanoguard to my pretty badly rusted axle and suspension parts a few months ago and it appears to have halted any further corrosion- could be a good bet on new parts to keep them tip top, especially if the paint is compromised. 

Hi sorry for the late reply! 

No, I meant the wee hook in the bottom picture has been bent. 

I'll post proper close up pictures when I get down to fitting it all, probably begin next week. 

I'll be doing it myself but I'm an apprentice at a workshop so I'll have a ramp and plenty of help. 

I was thinking of painting some underseal over before fitting it. 

hahaha the part will outlast the rest of the car, don't go bananas.

I appreciate your attitude to doing a good job though but you will learn in time not to waste time and money.

8 hours ago, MicMac said:

hahaha the part will outlast the rest of the car, don't go bananas.

I appreciate your attitude to doing a good job though but you will learn in time not to waste time and money.

Haha well, I'm a poor apprentice, have you ever heard of the boots theory? 🤔 

The car in question has probably had spent on it more than it's worth, gearbox refurbished, sport link springs kit all around, upgraded brakes, performance oil serviced twice a year. It's getting old and I could have said no when it kept breaking, but I think I'm attached to it and to me it's a great car. I've not really had any issues with it for nearly a year now - I'd like to think that it's because I've been keeping on top of them. Now there's a track rod out and the alignment bolts are seized - in the condition it is, wheel alignment would cost me a fortune so I'd rather replace the whole thing and just take it in for alignment with new bolts and bushes fitted by myself 🙃

I'm sure that a newer car would cost me similar, only instead of buying car parts, I'd be spending on wrap kits and painting the wheels. 

I didn't need all the upgrades I have done, but it's just me, I love the octy 🙈

• Like 1