Headlights

Hi guys/gals and any other titles you may wish to go by. I'm needing to replace the headlight cluster on my newly purchased Superb 2012 Greenline. Having priced 1 up with dealer I'm looking over a grand 😱

Can anyone tell me 

A) can a left hand drive headlight be made right hand drive (I've been informed there might be a screw or switch inside) 

B) what is the difference in the letter at the end of the part number? 

3T2941017E

3T2941017B

Both numbers are for RHD because the 3rd character is a 2 not a 1 for LHD.

17 hours ago, Raine71 said:

3T2941017E

3T2941017B

But your B part is a typo, as not seen by me in catalog.

I presume you have NS (Passenger) headlight issue?

Can you state or show image if appropriate of what is wrong... dealers can ream you out for a new part when it's a simple fix.

Edited by varooom

Hi thanks for answering, maybe the B was a typo I've looked at so many. Yes the n/s headlight is the problem. When I purchased the car a week ago, he told me the dipped beam keeps blowing after he had a bump in tha area. The cluster seems to have been glued or summat on top and there is deff condensation on inside, figured new cluster needed. Dealer quoted £900 for light £250 fitting and calibration. Gave me the part number 3T2941017E. But as Ive just taken pics for you I can see the lamp is 015E 🙄 I'm assuming there are ibvisouly different clusters that will fit. 

IMG_20230322_075551.jpg

IMG_20230322_075646.jpg

IMG_20230322_075706.jpg

IMG_20230322_075727.jpg

Before you go to the expense of a new cluster, it might just need drying out.

They're a bit of a pain to remove as the bumper needs to be dropped, but once you've got it off, you can assess it for more cracks etc, and see whether it's terminal.

If the bulbs are failing simply from water in the unit, and you manage to get it and keep it dry, then the ballast and electronics can all be swapped over.

• Like 1

Ignore the 015E/017E numbers... you might have more luck using the the fact it's a Hella headlamp with part number 1ZS 247 047-11.  Also scrapper will be your best bet, should be plenty around to find a part eventually.

But as mentioned by @softscoop do some drying/investigation work, we all know water and electric are not the best "friends"

Also, you can bypass mad dealer rates, and learn how to drop bumper off, first time is always fun, and better with a partner (joke there...) it becomes quicker to do once you know how it all comes together, and worth seeing if you need more parts around headlamp area that might be broken.

As for the dealer calibration, you can most likely do this yourself with VCDS tool or equivalent, plenty of people in West Yorkshire can help out with those (me included)

• Like 2

Thanks a lot guys, will look into the drying out, whilst looking for replacement, problem is I need car off road for least amount of time possible. But let's see what happens, 👍

59 minutes ago, softscoop said:

If you need a replacement quickly, best bet is 2nd hand from ebay or a breakers etc.

Yeah, figured this might be the route to follow, thats kinda what made me post in first place as, getting headache tryi g to find correct one, with been given part number by Skoda dealer and not been able to find a match. But you guys have helped with different numbers. Would I be best straight out  buying a new https://carlightbulb.com/products/2008-2013-skoda-superb-ii-3t4-kombi-3t5-xenon-headlight-afs-cornering-leveling-control-module-7l6941329b?currency=GBP&variant=43065301074082&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google Shopping&gclid=CjwKCAjwzuqgBhAcEiwAdj5dRiqbFEf74hxSu_AfzhnqTCEPnUP52vnjW60NlcR5vUqfrldbJU58qxoChOUQAvD_BwE to put on whatever ebay unit? 

https://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/blog/headlights-point-right-in-europe/#:~:text=Most UK cars with projector,height of the beam pattern.

Just reading the actual post, it's talking about when you are driving abroad to not dazzle other drivers.

Rather than sticking beam deflectors onto the front of the headlights like you have to with reflector headlights, on the maxidot menu, you can enable tourist mode ( it might be named something similar I can't quite remember off the top of my head) to completely flatten the beam. 

It's no substitute for fitting a correct beam pattern light, and not 100% sure if it would pass an MOT like that anyway.

• 5 months later...
On 22/03/2023 at 09:24, varooom said:

Ignore the 015E/017E numbers... you might have more luck using the the fact it's a Hella headlamp with part number 1ZS 247 047-11.  Also scrapper will be your best bet, should be plenty around to find a part eventually.

But as mentioned by @softscoop do some drying/investigation work, we all know water and electric are not the best "friends"

Also, you can bypass mad dealer rates, and learn how to drop bumper off, first time is always fun, and better with a partner (joke there...) it becomes quicker to do once you know how it all comes together, and worth seeing if you need more parts around headlamp area that might be broken.

As for the dealer calibration, you can most likely do this yourself with VCDS tool or equivalent, plenty of people in West Yorkshire can help out with those (me included)

Dear all,

I would greatly appreciate some assistance here. I have a Skoda Superb 3T5 from 2012. I had an accident last weekend and the driver's side headlight got damage. I was looking for a second hand cluster but am finding different part number. The one I have on my car is part number 3T2-941-016E, but I am finding also with part number 3T2-941-018E, would both fit?

Thank you in advance.

20230920_180256.jpg

20230916_231130.jpg