Fabia mk2 headlight base replacement

Hi I have  came across a problem with the wifes headlight, the dipped bulb has gone on the drivers side and I went to change it only to find there is no plug or retaining clip.  Looks like the last owner had trouble fitting the blub because of the diesel filter and rather than move it they butchered the black socket that the bulb plugs into. 

They have removed the plug so the blub is plugged onto the harness and just set into the projector lens. I have searched all morning to try and find a replacement plug with retainer to repair it but have had no luck, can anyone point me in the right direction as to where I could buy a plug  to attach to the wiring harness for the headlight as at the moment its just flopping around and will fail Mot on beam pattern.

Edited by pebo48
  • Groan 1

Yes sorry you will need a spring clip to hold the bulb in as it will fall out without it you might also need the rubber cover too as this keeps it dry from water splahed up from under the car and grill, both might be available again from a scrap yard or on ebay in parts ,sometimes it pays to message a seller to see if they have a broken headlight that might have the bits you want