Virtual pedal.

When approaching the my nice new VRs estate with a large potted plant, brief case and the produce of a major trip to T****’s I have tried to use the virtual pedal to open the cavern in the back of the car.  I have provided much entertainment for the crowd as I hop around on one foot, nearly falling on my a*** and on occasion received a standing ovation but the boot door stays closed.  Both the wife and myself have opened the boot with the virtual pedal once, so I’m convinced that the system is there.  I’ve looked at the splendid video on YouTube and have just spent half an hour entertaining the next door neighbours trying to repeat the performance of the (obviously better than me at it) young lady, without success.  Any one got any ideas?  I would post a video of me trying but I’m too embarrassed.

There is a bit of a knack.

My advice is don’t over think it. I find one forward and back usually works, like you’re going to toe bung a football.

any left to right, not so much. 

make sure it’s actually enabled in the vehicle settings first of course. 

in summary, forward thrusting motion for maximum satisfaction…

• Haha 1

I found it very hit and miss as well.

Seems to work sometimes and not others.

Did find standing back a little helped or appeared to.Also ensure sensor is clean .

I rarely bother now as getting a bit old for hopping on one leg.

1 hour ago, GrumpyOldGit said:

I found it very hit and miss as well.

Seems to work sometimes and not others.

Did find standing back a little helped or appeared to.Also ensure sensor is clean .

I rarely bother now as getting a bit old for hopping on one leg.

Couldn’t give me a precise location for the sensor could you?  Mind you the car’s done less than 200 miles.  I only use it for going to church on sunny Sundays and as I live in Cornwall we don’t get too many of them.  It’s been a quiet 27 days.

I remember cleaning the rear bumper and underneath and the virtual pedal then working.

However,despite me being convinced there was a visible sensor on the underside, I have just been out with a torch and can't see one,sorry.

Videos seem to be central or just off center but maybe someone else knows for definite. Enjoy your new car.

I share the frustration. Sometimes it works, other times not. I have the impression left of centre seems more successful but still very hit and miss. I'd like to know more about the set up and where the sensor is actually situated...

By trial and error, I found out that if simply stand about 30-40cm (or around 1 foot) away from the rear bumper and imitate a straight kick underneath, along the centre line, it usually works. I now work on the premise that as long as I can just see the front of my ankle it'll open. Waving your foot around i.e. left or right, just doesn't work. 

My problem was that although it tried to open and did unlock, it didn't seem to have the energy to lift the tailgate. This was remedied by cleaning the seals. 

Hope this helps.