Karol Sat nav not able to find its exact location?

NigelouttoGrass

Would be grateful for any expert advice to pass on to my local dealer. I have a 2 week old 2023 Karoq with the Amundsen2 Sat Nav system with built in e card; no SD card slot.

The Sat Nav keeps losing its position. Dealer has reset "modules 005F and 0075" and told me it was only seeing 2 of 16   satellites. Worked OK then next day it didn't. So back to dealer who reprogrammed the seek all satelitte settings. Worked OK for 1hr journey home, and 20 minutes this am. Then has lost all position again. Transponder in My Skoda App is also in wrong position 3 miles away.

Any ideas please of likely problem and solution?

Thanks

6 hours ago, NigelouttoGrass said:

Any ideas please of likely problem and solution?

Sounds like water in the aerial base.

17 minutes ago, NigelouttoGrass said:

Thanks for suggestion. Will ask the dealers if they have one and done that, as don't want to fiddle and invalidate warranty.  Is the head unit the bit behind the panel in the glove box?

As the cars still in warranty I wouldn’t wait or 'fiddle' at all - just return to the dealer and ask them to fix it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NigelouttoGrass said:

Is the head unit the bit behind the panel in the glove box?

No, it's the display.

TBH on a 2 week old car, I'd be telling the dealer and Skoda UK that I will reject the car if they dont fix it .... absolute nonsense that the owner has to fault find problems on a new car for the authorised dealer network. 

Ask for the dealer principle and the sales director and give them your proposal ... bet it gets fixed pronto. 🥵

Edited by TruckbusUK