KAROQ not used for 10 weeks.

Petroldsg

After leaving car used for 10 weeks, started ok but, messages- stop start error, Acc error plus EPC in orange & engine symbol in orange & message don’t exceed 4000 rpm.

Drove for couple of miles, stopped & switched off. On starting up no change.

Any thoughts please, as to cause, problem & cure.

Common issue to get all sorts of random error messages when battery is part discharged.   Most (hopefully all) should clear when battery is back to normal.

Either drive it far enough to charge, or put it on a charger (but don't overcharge it)

You will know when the battery is fully charged when the voltage across it is 13.2V with the engine running, rather than the usual 14.8V when the vehicle is stationary and the engine is idling.  I measure mine using a voltage/temperature monitor that plugs into the 12V socket in the centre console something like this should be okay:  JZK® 2 in 1 car truck bus voltmeter & thermometer display, 12v 24v battery voltage temperature meter monitor tester gauge indicator : Amazon.co.uk: Automotive

If you don't have a way to measure the voltage then if the auto Start-Stop activates then this means the battery is pretty well charged, however won't be fully charged.

If you have a battery charger that is compatible i.e. suitable for AGM batteries and start-stop vehicles then a slow charge for 12+ hours should fully charge the battery and shouldn't over charge.

Hope this helps?

My Karoq was left garaged up last autumn for 3 months, was left on CTEK charger and started on the button with no errors.   Presently in Aus on a 5 month round the world jolly and confident she’ll be her usual willing self when we get back.  👍

Many thanks for all the replies to my post. I too suspected the battery. It has now had 12hours of charging & a 35mile drive. Unfortunately still getting all the original error messages etc. Next I need to see a friend who can check the fault codes. 

• 4 weeks later...

After having vehicle on charge for 24hours no change, still got same warning messages & fault symbols for engine. Had a look at error codes P25B3 & 4. Turbo wastegate stuck open & closed. Vehicle now with local ŠKODA dealer, they confirm Turbo fault. New Turbo on order, so glad I opted for 5year warranty. Think I may have got my money back. Not sure about Stop Start & ACC error messages, surely not due to Turbo failure?

• 2 weeks later...

Just got vehicle back from dealer, having had new turbo fixed under warranty - extended 5 year taken out when vehicle purchased costing about £550. Saw cost of new turbo just under£1k, excluding labour & vat.
Cause of turbo failure was seized actuator. On enquiring as to reason for this, it was suggested that not using vehicle for some weeks was likely cause!

18 hours ago, Petroldsg said:

Just got vehicle back from dealer, having had new turbo fixed under warranty - extended 5 year taken out when vehicle purchased costing about £550. Saw cost of new turbo just under£1k, excluding labour & vat.
Cause of turbo failure was seized actuator. On enquiring as to reason for this, it was suggested that not using vehicle for some weeks was likely cause!

Seems to be a common problem with VW group models that are used for low mileage or infrequently, other examples in this Seat thread and VW thread

https://www.aronaforums.co.uk/threads/turbo-failure-1-0ltr-tsi.1985/#post-14245

https://www.volkswagenforum.co.uk/threads/turbo-gone-after-6k-miles-18-months-anyone-else.36025/page-2