Skoda Rapid 2017 integrated Satnav not receiving TMC traffic messages.

Car serviced at Skoda dealership a month ago,  I believe the TMC traffic messages were working the week before but not now. The screen that should have the messages has TMC at the top with a red diagonal line through it.   I am based in the NW and today in the Midlands- still not working.  I know this info is on a radio frequency (classic fm?). Is it working for others? Is this a coincidence or could somthing have been switched off or disturbed during the service. 

Any thoughts

Thanks

My understanding is the same, Skoda pay for the service for the new cars they sell, the owner doesn't pay an annual fee, we'll not on a 2017 car. I think the system is different now.

So if Skoda have stopped paying I would expect other cars with the same integrated Sat nav to stop TMC as well. I am convinced it happened after a Skoda service. If they plugged their computer into the CAN then did they up date the software or conversly has it stopped being broadcast on its carrier Classic FM. 

If you research on the web it has stopped before and then started again.   Skoda dealers should know........... I asked service dept on Thursday and will call in during the week when I get back to Cheshire.  It is possible that they have it written into the T&Cs that they can stop it. 

15 hours ago, NigelR99 said:

Skoda dealers should know........... I asked service dept on Thursday and will call in during the week when I get back to Cheshire. 

I admire your faith in the product knowledge of Skoda dealers, but sadly I don't share it!

16 hours ago, NigelR99 said:

My understanding is the same, Skoda pay for the service for the new cars they sell, the owner doesn't pay an annual fee, we'll not on a 2017 car. I think the system is different now.

So if Skoda have stopped paying I would expect other cars with the same integrated Sat nav to stop TMC as well. I am convinced it happened after a Skoda service. If they plugged their computer into the CAN then did they up date the software or conversly has it stopped being broadcast on its carrier Classic FM. 

If you research on the web it has stopped before and then started again.   Skoda dealers should know........... I asked service dept on Thursday and will call in during the week when I get back to Cheshire.  It is possible that they have it written into the T&Cs that they can stop it. 

Agreed, I don't see how individual vehicles could selectively have their TMC reception disabled since it's a one way service, unlike Skoda Connect. 

I suppose there could have been some inbuilt 'clock' so that when a specified date is reached, TMC reception is disabled, forcing you to pay for Skoda Connect or have nothing, but that would be a pretty low/cynical move from Skoda. Plus it doesn't seem as though there is an obvious pattern to when people start developing this symptom.

So my 66 plate superb has stopped as well and I checked another fried with a superb and the same thing.  This is definitely Skoda-wide but calling customer services was next to useless with them trying to say I needed to take it into a dealer to get it checked out.  Obviously I’m not going to do that and have taken to social media (Twitter) to see if Skoda Uk respond to that 

In a way it's good to hear that it seems to be Skoda-wide as there is now some hope that it will be fixed. I am still awaiting a response to my email to Skoda. I expect they will try to fob me off to a main dealer, but if lots of people are reporting the same issue they will figure out that this isn't a vehicle specific issue that can be resolved via a dealer. 

Yes I have just posted on another thread where the same thing is happening, I have been in the NW and Worcestershire in the last week - still not working. I wondered if it was a local FM transmitter issue but I suspect not.  It would be nice to find out that Skoda have forgotten to pay the licence fees and it will be sorted. 

After talking to a local dealership yesterday I called them today and they checked and confirmed that all the Skodas in their lot were affected (in fact the guy I spoke to also confirmed his Golf was showing the same). This is a wider VAG issue it seems

Edited by Mattnam
  • Like 1

I have messaged Skoda about this via the contact info on their web site.  I wonder if it would be worth trying the on-line chat service, I doubt if they would have an answer but it might let the company know there is an issue.

I have contacted them too - currently a bit of back and forth by email trying to get them to understand what I am talking about!

If I make some tangible progress I will provide an update on my own thread about this issue.

58 minutes ago, joek666 said:

I have contacted them too - currently a bit of back and forth by email trying to get them to understand what I am talking about!

If I make some tangible progress I will provide an update on my own thread about this issue.

My recommendation however, is to call your local dealer, they will be experiencing the same issues and if enough dealers go to Skoda it may get resolved.

• Like 1

Posted on the other thread about this, but after calling Trafficmasted I was told that they turned off the RDS-TMC broadcasts at the end of March as it's no longer supported !

• Thanks 1

Just now, NigelR99 said:

If that is true then there are literally millions of cars that have lost the service! 

Skoda should be the first to know not the last. 

Agreed, and it's not just VAG vehicles that are affected, this would hit Chrysler and a bunch of others

Maybe we should be checking a few other forums......  

This does feel like the service has simply been turned off. March would fit in with when I think it disappeared on my car. 

Think of all the traffic jams that will be caused and extra pollution because your satnav can't re-route you. My stop start doesn't seem to work now either so I would just be contributing to the smog.