Octavia 3 weirld issues after service appointment

Hi, so it's ben the second year going to a dealer for the yearlly inspection (oil change is another appointment) and when starting the engine in the dealers yard after the service was done, and not driving immediately (adjusting seats papers etc) I get a some weird issues/errors:

- last year I got for the first time the EPC error and Start/Stop error on the infotainment. Went back, they hooked it up (again) on the computer and said it was a misfire error. Cleared it. Never came back since;

- this year I got a flashing Emission control systeem indicator and the Start/Stop error on the infotainment. Stopped the engine, opened the door, started it, only S/S error on the infotainment (also there was a key battery low but I guess it's nothing to do). Stoppes the car, closed it, went inside to talk to a mechanic, came back, started the car, no error. Tried a couple of times, no error. Left the dealer, all good. Car seems to accelerate ok, will have a long Sunday trip and will see...

Also, this morning when leaving for the service I checked on Skoda Connect Lite and it showed 13,4V (or maybe it was way too earlly and I didn't have my glasses on). Dealer did a battery test with VAS6161 (June 2017 car, original battery) and it showed 295A and 12,34V. They said soon I may need to change it. I still have S/S functional and always kicking it in in traffic, so I guess the battery is still holding on.

After leaving the service, and in heavy traffic battery is showing 12V-12,3..

Any ideas on the above issues? Thanks. 

I am not in the UK nor have I ever had these cases, but common sense dictates that if you leave the dealer after incpection service (which should include computer diagnostic reading on modern cars), that inspection was not done correctly. They either had not read codes or they did something with the vehicle that would cause these errors. Maybe they disconnected the battery?

If you don't get smarter advice I would call the dealer and ask them (you should have asked them immidiately but I can understand the hesitance to do so). Actually I would call them regardless of advices here. 

Battery reading seems similar to what I had after 5 years. I changed the battery as a precaution. 

Battery still works today for backup power supply for heating system. 

Edited by Tivan
  • Like 1

Thanks, first time (last year) I asked for (another) computer diagnostic that relevealed the misfire error. Since then no error, no warning light on my dash. Except for this new inspection :) 

I'll go to a friend with a vag-com diagnostic unit to see. This year also the warranty is finally over so I'll go to different services.

About the battery, will see this summer how it goes, I hate that I have to go to service to recode the battery and do a bunch of operations...

48 minutes ago, SwatKat said:

I'll go to a friend with a vag-com diagnostic unit ...

About the battery, will see this summer how it goes, I hate that I have to go to service to recode the battery

I think I have a punning clan for recoding the battery. ;) 

6 hours ago, SwatKat said:

Thanks, first time (last year) I asked for (another) computer diagnostic that relevealed the misfire error. Since then no error, no warning light on my dash. Except for this new inspection :) 

I'll go to a friend with a vag-com diagnostic unit to see. This year also the warranty is finally over so I'll go to different services.

About the battery, will see this summer how it goes, I hate that I have to go to service to recode the battery and do a bunch of operations...

I recoded mine using Obd11, it's super easy. If you plan on keeping the car I recommend to purchase that kind or similar device,its gonna help you. 

3 minutes ago, Tivan said:

I recoded mine using Obd11, it's super easy. If you plan on keeping the car I recommend to purchase that kind or similar device,its gonna help you. 

Which OBD11 version do you recommend, @Tivan?