Rusty boot. Rusty engine compartment.

Maddog19

I am thinking of purchasing a Skoda Fabia estate. 1.2 TSI SE. 65 plate. My issue is rusted paintwork on bothering sides of the boot, failed boot dampers and a filthy/rusted engine bay. The car looks ok inside, I’m just worried that there’s no service history with it and it’s rusting. 63000 miles. Should I look for another vehicle? 

46 minutes ago, Maddog19 said:

I am thinking of purchasing a Skoda Fabia estate. 1.2 TSI SE. 65 plate. My issue is rusted paintwork on bothering sides of the boot, failed boot dampers and a filthy/rusted engine bay. The car looks ok inside, I’m just worried that there’s no service history with it and it’s rusting. 63000 miles. Should I look for another vehicle? 

H*11 yeah!!

• Like 1

Maybe kept and used near and/or in the sea or connected with it, my mate almost bought a SAAB 96 when they were still on sale, beautiful condition - except for inside the boot, the owner spent most of his spare time diving in the sea, and it looked like the boot was where all his kit was stored.

Again, walk on by it.