Skoda scout roof rack?

Looking to get a roof rack for my 2013 scout anyone know of one that clamps/bolts to the roof without roof bars, or know of a good roof bar and rack combo. Preferably buy in UK and not abroad as don't want to pay out the a** for shipping 😁

7 hours ago, Deepsouthscout said:

Looking to get a roof rack for my 2013 scout anyone know of one that clamps/bolts to the roof without roof bars, or know of a good roof bar and rack combo. Preferably buy in UK and not abroad as don't want to pay out the a** for shipping 😁

I assume this means you don't have the factory fit roof rails fitted?  One option would be to source a pair of roof rails (plenty available from breakers) as the mounting holes should already be there in the roof under the protective rubber strips.

Alternatively, how about a temporary roof rack/bars?  Search for soft roof rack or roof bag,  Here are some on Amazon for example: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Roof-Bag/s?k=Roof+Bag

• Like 1

Got a head like a rice strainer, I looked out the window after I wrote the post n realized I have rails 🤣 but looking for a basket type roof rack similar to an ARB not cargo box as want to add spot lights and small storage boxes, I'm going for 'battle wagon' vibeimage.png.73a0876fda2f4fe47102455189aaf448.png

@J.R. Found a small lift kit online, saw a mini camper converted skoda with a folding bed platform, and contractors from UK working in Falkland Islands look to explore and looking for cheap 4x4, combined all that means is an interesting car to sell on for a nice profit.... Maybe... if I don't fall in love with it once I'm done. 🤣

Sounds like a great plan, I did something similar with a scrap Nissan Prairie in New Zealand when travelling .

• Like 1

Do you get subsiised postal rates from the UK to the Falkland Islands perhaps like the BFPO?

Not unless work for MOD but some companies in MPA do, but I live and work in Stanley last big thing I shipped from UK via MOD supply vessel was a suzuki Jimny about 4 years ago n it was £1950 for pretty much half a car😳, I only ask if anyone know of anything UK based as the freight forwarding company I use can buy and claim back VAT so ends up being cheaper for me

My MK1 and MK2 Octavias had roof rails that needed clamp on roof bars, my Yeti which may be similar to your MK3 Octavia has 4 pairs of Rivnuts on the inside face, unseen unless you are very tall or use a stool, thes give a much stronger fixing and mean you can custom fabricate your roof rack if you have the skills and equipment, also in an outpost like Port Stanley I am guessing there will be people with decades of experience of make-do and field repairs.

During the first week of the confinement I made my own bolt on roofbars from timber and metal stud wall sections that I had spare.

On 22/04/2023 at 17:35, skomaz said:

No not 'like' that, exactly that nice 1 pal cheers will double check measurements n get it ordered thanks. 👍🏾

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Deepsouthscout said:

No not 'like' that, exactly that nice 1 pal cheers will double check measurements n get it ordered thanks. 👍🏾

Vevor is based in Shanghai and operates worldwide so you may be able to get a better shipping deal from somewhere other than the UK.