Glow plug light flashes . Traction control light is on

Hello , I have a Skoda Fabia skout 1.4 TDI 80 bph. 2009 . Recently while driving . The traction control light comes on and the coil light starts flashing . I have loss of power , engine is still on , but I have nothing if I press the accelerator. If I turn the engine off . And restart the car . It's normal and I can drive away as normal . Anyone any idea ?

4 hours ago, Fabialee said:

Anyone any idea ?

Yes, you need to read fault codes to confirm this, but one of the ABS wheel sensors is failing. If nothing else, the code will tell you which one.

I have driven it around today waiting for it to die on me , it eventually did . So I pulled over plugged in my reader . And it saying no fault detected . So I turned the ignition off , started the car again and it's driven fine since then . I'm lost ha ha 

It sounds silly, but check all four tyres are pumped up correctly and that there are no screws, nails, etc in the tyres. Also, check wheels are properly balanced. 

BTW, what reader are you using as some cheap things are very basic. At the very least, you will probably need something like an X-Tool VW code reader, which can be used to test the ABS pump and the system, whilst promting you to do certain things, like press the brakes or switch ignition on/off. Cant remember the full check but its not just a common ten quid reader.

I've checked all my tyres .all inflated to the correct pressure . The reader I borrowed off a friend. It's an auto link al519 reader . Quite an expensive one . It's not happened since Sunday , just frustrating when it does 

56 minutes ago, Fabialee said:

It's not happened since Sunday , just frustrating when it does

Yes; some of the ABS sensor failures don't latch if you turn the engine off and on again.

3 hours ago, Fabialee said:

The reader I borrowed off a friend. It's an auto link al519 reader

That is just a reader and doesn't appear to be a very expensive one, doesn't mean it's bad as a generic reader Autel are generally thought of as doing good machines but that is just one of there code readers, and not specific to VW I'd guess.  You'd be better to find a full diagnostics scan tool and more specific to VW or covering your car.

Have a look at this map and see if there is anyone nearby that may be able to help you with a full report or reading using more specific tools. - Briskoda VCDS Owners Map (click me)

Edited by nta16