Answering phone calls

sussamb

My phone is connected to my Balero system using BT, not cable. Incoming phone call brings up splash screen on display allowing me to accept or reject calls. Is there any way to accept/reject via buttons on steering wheel?  Even my 10 year old Focus that I sold to buy a brand new Kamiq allowed that so hoping the Kamiq will too.

Just now, Allesandu said:

During the incoming call I press the button

Sorry maybe I'm being thick. You said you accept/reject calls using that button. I can understand pressing the button accepts the call, but how does it also reject it if that's what you want to do?

1 minute ago, Allesandu said:

I am puzzled because always only accept calls 🤔

Ah ok, so at least I now know how to accept calls. Anyone any idea how to reject a call? Maybe its as simple as pressing the left hand button?

23 minutes ago, skomaz said:

Just use the same button - it does both actions.

But if I press it how does it know whether I want to accept or reject the call?

If its ringing and a call isn't connected it answers...   If a call is connected it ends it. 

It's not rocket science.  If you don't believe it sit in the car and get someone to call you to try it. 

Yeah thanks. Perhaps read what I'm asking. I get how to accept and then end a call. The question was how to reject a call.  Maybe you don't understand what the word reject means.

Some crossed wires here I think. What the OP wants to know is how do you use steering wheel buttons to reject a call when the phone rings, not how to end a call which you’ve answered. AFAIK the only way to reject the call is on the infotainment screen. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, marineboy said:

Some crossed wires here I think. What the OP wants to know is how do you use steering wheel buttons to reject a call when the phone rings, not how to end a call which you’ve answered. AFAIK the only way to reject the call is on the infotainment screen. 

Thanks. Got that. Glad someone can answer the question 😁

On 06/05/2023 at 07:48, sussamb said:

Thanks. Got that. Glad someone can answer the question 😁

It says in the OWNERS MANUAL it's not possible only on screen 

21 minutes ago, skoda1982 said:

It says in the OWNERS MANUAL it's not possible only on screen 

Yes I've read the manual hence my question. Appears from what is said above the right hand thumb wheel can be used to accept and then end calls. That isn't in the manual, or at least not in the one I read. Reject is possible only on screen.

• 2 weeks later...

I found a solution!

During the incoming call you should scroll cylinder button down and indication changes from “answer” to “reject”. Then just press the button  

• Love it! 1