Skip to content

sussamb

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by sussamb

  1. Problem is folks mention when they have issues, not when they don't. Our first Karoq, which we traded in for another new one in March, was bombproof for the 8 years plus we had it. We've had no issues with our new one, or with our nearly 4 year old Kamiq. Having said that the infotainment system does take a bit of perseverance to set up correctly, with numerous options. Our salesman for our new Karoq told us one option wasn't included on our car, but I found it was switched off in the menu system, just needed switching on!
  2. Our 1.5 TSI never cut out, bought new in 2018 and sold earlier this year after 8 years of trouble free motoring. Now replaced with another one, DSG this time.
  3. sussamb replied to doohut1's topic in Skoda Karoq
    If you mean the infotainment screen then yes.
  4. There's a switch on ours down by the gear lever, which switches it off. Have you inadvertently pressed it?
  5. Works reliably on mine. The key is to make a smooth slow movement then step back ...
  6. There's a setting via the infotainment system which needs to be switched to on. Our car came with it switched off and our salesman told us we didn't have it! Had I not discovered the setting we'd have assumed it wasn't there.
  7. Can happen at any time if wipers are set to automatic, mine occasionally used to wipe when not raining. Setting in infotainment system, I turned the automatic setting off.
  8. Yes, see https://www.skoda.co.uk/owners/over-the-air-update-restrictions
  9. Just a coincidence. I get similar mpg on supermarket fuel.
  10. Interestingly I too dislike the way ACC works and have asked in the past if normal CC could be selected and was told no. I'd be delighted if it was possible on my Karoq purchased new in March this year.
  11. Agreed, a power only rather than a data cable. Not a usb c issue.
  12. Useless idea anyway, all these gimmicks just cause more errors. Try turning it off in Settings, if you do you may not get the warning.
  13. How? I've no wish to mess about with coding.
  14. Just switch off autowipe in the Infotainment settings.
  15. I have normal CC on my Kamiq and we have ACC on my wife's Karoq. You can keep ACC, wish we could return it to just CC!
  16. If you're after a manual for your car you can get that via Skoda.
  17. Must only be on newer models then.
  18. With the car in reverse and camera showing you should see 3 small icons on the right hand side of the camera screen. They allow you to select the different views.
  19. My Kamiq is now over 3 years old, never had an update.
  20. Mine only has one, and one reversing light.
  21. Only time I had a rattle was from my spare glasses case in the overhead cubby hole, took me weeks to realise what it was as I swore it was coming from the dash area 😂
  22. Thanks but I was replying to Hudson1, sorry if that wasn't clear, he mentioned a 1.5 DSG ...
  23. See my post above.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.