eBay/Ali Express RNS510/Columbus Replacements

• 1 month later...

I'd like to know this too. I'd like to replace my RNS510 (or whatever the equivalent is, Columbus?) with something that supports Android Auto, as well as add a rear view camera.

I ended up doing it…

mekede m6 pro 2K from ali express

Huge improvement, some flaws I can live with, but you need to have some tinkering experience and don’t expect much support from the seller…

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mMgfnPO

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/mekede-m6pro-plus-with-2k-2000x1200-screen.4516547/

70641654298__3F77D4D8-2E15-4FF5-A1CB-1A966D15A8CA.jpeg

70641692202__F4C29CF7-AAAD-4004-99F8-0E67C26D3C1E.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, mizuno said:

Thanks for the update! What are the flaws?

A slight background hiss when nothing’s playing. The carlink can be a bit clunky and only connects via bluetooth. The UI is a bit clunky, chinglish. Less of an issue if using carlink. Otherwise see XDA forums. 

Not for amateurs though. Lots of fiddling needed. 

5 minutes ago, phibes said:

A slight background hiss when nothing’s playing. The carlink can be a bit clunky and only connects via bluetooth. The UI is a bit clunky, chinglish. Less of an issue if using carlink. Otherwise see XDA forums. 

Not for amateurs though. Lots of fiddling needed. 

Fair enough, thanks for the reply. I've had a read through the thread on XDA. Might look into this further

I got the HD front and rear combo, also the HDMI in option (has to be ordered separately), DAB (sep antenna, put on rear side window behind c pillar- station wagon). Existing antenna works fine with GPS and FM radio. Be sure to get the superb specific one for bezel. 

the seller barely understands English so have low expectations of comprehension.