VW dealer access Skoda service records?

Citigo1982

My Citigo will soon be due its service and MOT. I've just moved house and there is a VW dealer at the end of the road, so unless I find a decent independent in the next couple of weeks, I am thinking I could take the Citigo there (especially as it is a VW Up in all but name). The car is out of warranty.

Can VW garages access the Skoda service system/records? I assume the underlying software is the same.

32 minutes ago, Citigo1982 said:

I assume the underlying software is the same.

Yes.

33 minutes ago, Citigo1982 said:

Can VW garages access the Skoda service system/records?

So long as their user name and password works.

Thanks. AG Falco

Some say they can not, and some VW Dealers say they will not service a Skoda.

A Dundee one did with me.  I asked are you part of a cartel & do you want to tell that to the press and media.

As it is your car is out of Warranty, get what you want done.

If it needs spark plugs then get them changed.

Look at the pollen filter, then change it.

Same with the Air Filter.

If your brakes need serviced, brake fluid changed then get it done.

The Service History of the past counts for little.  The Citigo needs not much doing. 

1179912860_922218293_Screenshot2022-09-2115_58_57.jpg.3711dc86397a804fc83f268add4ae736(1).jpg.606196879c2532f67305f1ec411800c6.jpg

Yes they can. They have ELSA (NOT ElsaWin). That is the international service register for VAG. I worked at a SEAT and VW servicepoint in 2016. And we had access to VW and SEAT service records from all over the world. 

Maybe they use a different system now, IDK. 

Maybe they don't want them to only ask for service records and never hear from them again? 

VW dealers tend to not have access to all brands, VAG independents like us often have access to all four mainstream bands for cars with the Digital Service System via erWin.

• Like 1