Carplay in Karoq

Buzzer

Carplay was working as it should but now I am asked to connect to it. When I try to do this my bluetooth connection between the car and Apple iPhone is disconnected. Any suggestions, please?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Hi @Buzzer, moved it to the Karoq forum, hopefully more eyes. It was in the forum help section, confusing I know.

If in doubt, turn it off and on again; I work in IT and roll my eyes to this too ;) But in all seriousness, often easier to delete the phone in the head unit, then repair/connect.  I dod this almost every time in my wifes ford... then one day it was just happy to have both phones in the car. Not had an issue in the skoda's yet. However did help a relative the other day with his kodiaq and iphones not doing airplay over bt.

Others might have a less hassle way ;)

thank you, Colin. I disconnected the phone from the car and also the car from the phone (“forget this device”).  Left it a couple of hours before reconnecting but still have the same issue.46F9D6C5-78CE-4877-994A-F9A793FBB32D.thumb.jpeg.e196bf8038e9fe614e06bcd9a4dcafde.jpegFE3399FF-2BA6-4B82-B251-79932C2FA12B.thumb.jpeg.738f84cb25ffb2a5317dd93a87f71d1d.jpeg

This problem arose subsequent to installing the latest up-date. I am too much of a tech dunce to know what to do about it if that is at the root of the issue.

Thank you Mr SecretPotato. I did try connecting with a cable to one of the USB ports on the centre console. It didn’t make a connection ( I had disabled Bluetooth) with the phone. No problem making the connection via Bluetooth.

Bluetooth should not matter when using cable. It can be on or off, no difference. The cable however does matter. Try using different cables to see if that helps.

If you're trying to connect wirelessly, Bluetooth is needed to initiate the connection, then the communication gets switched to WiFi.

Try restarting your phone first.

Pair up your phone with your car again, make sure you have Bluetooth and WiFi turned on.

When it's done, go to Settings > Bluetooth > "Your car's BT name" and enable CarPlay.

• Like 1

And if you're trying to connect to the car's wifi hotspot as well as CarPlay, you'd better hope you're not on iOS 16.x, because the chances are that CarPlay will connect but not wifi.

Thank you MrSecretPotato. Success! I don’t know if it’s usual but when the connection to CarPlay takes place theBluetooth connection is lost. However,I now have CarPlay, thanks to you.