Hi All,

I was hoping for a bit of help with this problem. I have a Felicia 1.3mpi. It's decided that once warm it will stall as soon as any load is put on the engine. Up until the other day it's been running fine. It starts straight up and will idle but if you try to pull away it'll stall.I replaced the map sensor not that long ago. I don't think it's this as when it's disconnected sometimes the car will start and sometimes not.Ive also replaced the fuel pump and filter and there doesn't seem to be a problem there as you can hear the fuel pump when the ignition is turned on.

Any suggestions will be greatfully accepted as this problem has rendered the car unusable.

Many thanks

Mark

Why you spend money changing things without reason? Many of us have done this in the past and it was wrong...very wrong.

Have you check the vacuum hose? 

Your mechanic check the fuel pressure regulator?

The spark plugs are ok?

Your throttle is clean?

The VCDS shown any errors?

4 hours ago, MarkMitchell said:

It's decided that once warm it will stall as soon as any load is put on the engine. Up until the other day it's been running fine. It starts straight up and will idle but if you try to pull away it'll stall.

Try increasing the idle speed by 50 (fifty) revolutions per minute, eg from 700 to 750.

I changed the map sensor a while back because it had a problem and ran really badly. At that point that fixed that problem. I changed the fuel filter as the car has 50000 miles on it and as a consequence the fuel pump started to seize and kept blowing it's fuse so I changed that. I haven't been blindly changing parts for no reason. I've asked on this forum for reasonable answers,not to get told what I shouldn't have done.

Just to give you a bit more information,I've done valve clearances,air filters been changed etc. Usual service stuff. This problem has come on quite suddenly. Even if you rev the engine to 1500rpm and try to pull away it'll stall. The only difference that has been recent is that my wife put in half a tank of E10 fuel as the local petrol station had run out of the E5 petrol. I would be surprised if it was that as it's was half a tank mixed with E5 and that's the only time it's ever happened.I will check the fuel pressure regulator as suggested but it seems that that causing a problem would be a rare occurrence.If I remove the throttle body to clean it will anything need to be reset once it's replaced?

7 hours ago, MarkMitchell said:

my wife put in half a tank of E10 fuel as the local petrol station had run out of the E5 petrol.

https://check-vehicle-compatibility-e10-petrol.service.gov.uk/manufacturer/Škoda

E10 petrol is cleared for use in all following ŠKODA vehicles with petrol engines with the following exception: Felicia 1.3 litre OHV (40kw and 50kW) engines in the production years 1994 to 2001.

Other ŠKODA models using the 1.3 litre OHV engines produced prior to 1994.

8 hours ago, MarkMitchell said:

I've asked on this forum for reasonable answers,not to get told what I shouldn't have done.

We are not prophets or magicians and this is not a Court of Law with he ''ask the question" rule to the examined witness.

I don't think half a tank if E10 is going to affect the car when it's mixed with half a tank of E5 and only done once. Also you suggested that I was spending money for no reason which wasn't the case. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

I saw your first post in my smartphone while i was at work, i went to a corner so i wasn't visible from the camera, wear my vision glasses and as i was standing upright tryied to write a quick post to help you although english are not my first language.

I have the same car with you but i can't do anything more, i am sure other members will help you to solve your problem.

Thankyou. I think I may have solved it. I went to check the fuel pressure regulator but without realising I found the fuel tank breather as they look similar. I disconnected then reconnected the plug on this and the car started right up and ran fine. I think it may have been a poor connection on the plug making this breather not work properly. As I'm sure you know,this would create a vacuum in the tank and stop fuel flow.Ive read a lot of threads about Felicia poor running and can't say that anyone's mentioned this part before.Im aware of it now so will still check the fuel pressure but I'm pretty sure by complete fluke I've found out what the problem has been.

Thankyou for the suggestions. I'll certainly be back if I find the problem persists.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/05/2023 at 23:39, MarkMitchell said:

without realising I found the fuel tank breather as they look similar. I disconnected then reconnected the plug on this and the car started right up and ran fine.

That's why i asked you

On 17/05/2023 at 23:16, D.FYLAKTOS said:

Have you check the vacuum hose? 

because i had similar problem in the past with bad idling and this was the cause.

26 minutes ago, D.FYLAKTOS said:

That's why i asked you

because i had similar problem in the past with bad idling and this was the cause.

Well Mr Fylaktos,It certainly did the trick. The car runs absolutely fine now. Thankyou for your help and suggestions.

• Like 1