i need help with bsg unit from a 2002 fabia

i want to connect to the bsg unit using vcds but i dont know if i need k-line or can bus. Also i want to connect the ecu to the bsg that has the integrated can gateway but the can bus wires for the gateway are dead, i cheked them with a multimeter and theyre 0 volt(im wonderig if there are other power pins for the gateway)

Edited by raz2

Not sure which unit you mean by bsg? 

Onboard supply control unit above clutch pedal, J519, VCDS module 09?

K-line connection to diagnostic socket should be all you need.

What's the problem you're trying to fix?

so basically i mean the unit above the clutch pedal yes and i want to try to conenct to it using vcds ( i only have the module on bench) and im asking if i need can bus to connect to it or k-line if yes what pin would it be

Ah, I see, I can help with that in a little while. I have done exactly this myself. The unit needs permanent and ignition switched power feeds, and 0V/earth connections, as well as k-line. Will tell you all relevant pin numbers when I get home.

thanks a lot. I already connected it to the cluster and powered it up but thats all i could do since there is little to nothing information on that unit(even a full pinout will help if you have one)

yes but i already figured iut the other one. Also i want to connect the ecu to the unit but the ecu has 3 can busses and i yhink i need the power train can but i dont have the pin (if it helps its a magneti mareli 036 906 034 BL )

Just now, Breezy_Pete said:

T16a pins 3 and 5?

okay so when i connect the pins to the  pins on the 2 and 3 pins on bsg nothing happenes ( and on those pins on the bsg there is no voltage) any idea?

shoould be can bus voltage

Why 2 & 3? CAN low to diagnostic socket and CAN low to drive bus?

no i want it to connect to cluster. First it need to go thru can gateway that is integrated in bsg unnit above clutch pedal then from the unit in goes in the cluster

Do you have terminal 15 connection on T18a pin12?

BSG unit will not wake up without.

yes i have the wake up pin connected

the can for cluster is working but for tyhe ecu is dead for some reason

So you have bsg pin 16a/3 connected go ecu pin 58, and bsg T16a/5 to ecu pin 60?

no i have pins 2 and 3 that go to the ecu. THats the can bus for ecu