Bolero vs Columbus hardware

Hello!

My Octavia came with Bolero infotainment without navigation. I'm considering purchasing the maps in the Skoda app store, but it worries me that the Bolero hardware is less powerful than Columbus and may cause performance issues.

Do you guys know the hardware differences between both infotainment systems?

I think the hardware are the same. You can try navigation for free for one month. I tried it and realized that Google maps and Waze are much better. I didn't see the point of paying so much for built-in navigation, which I would use very rarely.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the answers! I will activate the free trial as suggested and check the performance by myself.

I would be surprised if there were two different hardware systems with the same appearance and functions, but as Skoda changes the name and adds two identic chapters in the car manual for each systems I had the doubt.

On 27/05/2023 at 08:03, kasparsc said:

I think the hardware are the same. You can try navigation for free for one month. I tried it and realized that Google maps and Waze are much better. I didn't see the point of paying so much for built-in navigation, which I would use very rarely.

How to activate the trial? I have only the buy option...

In the Skoda Connect store, there was a Try button next to the buy button. I could try all the products - sign recognition, lighting colors, etc. Maybe not all countries have this option.