Recommendations in VonHaus 600 or similar?

Dooge

Hey all,

I have been contemplating buying an orbital/dual action polisher for awhile. I've done a little research through Google and liked the look of the VonHaus 600 kit which seems to get reasonably good reviews for it's price.

I have never machine polished a car. I've used low level (fine?) Polish to a reasonable degree but wanting to increase shine and get rid of low level swirl marks from my car. 

I'm already quite careful about washing it too often (once a month) washing it when hot/in heat and having a sensible routine. I know there's no point using a polisher if the routine to clean beforehand is poor. Currently:

Autoglym 3 stage polar series, wash mitt run under running water between panels (one door, boot, etc) to wash away dirt and grit to a degree, washed in straight lines rather than circles, plenty of foam, never left to dry out. Dried with XL drying towel which is also washed every other wash. 

It wasnt the best before (8 year old car with almost 90k on the clock) Ironically, I think the drying towel has increased swirl marks so I'm potentially looking at another option - recommendations welcome.

I have a claybar and some spray lubricant to assist but have never used it so that's on the to do list. Every 6 months I'll use something like Autobrite tar remover to decontaminate and use a reasonable wax like Collinite 476 for protection.

Budget is under £100 ideally. I also have no experience of good entry polishes but have seen a few threads from looking with recommendations.

Does anyone own the VonHaus 600 kit? Any other recommendations? Any good websites or how to's? 

Thanks in advance,

Doug

IMG_20230414_135014.thumb.jpg.62b8aa3b21d8dfad8fbc10965a5be951.jpg

I’ve got 3 DA polishers.
A mains DAS-6 Pro, a cordless Makita 18v DPO600Z and a cordless Mini Nano DA and Rotary polisher.
The DAS is excellent. It’s light and very powerful, but the Makita has more facilities, including a forced random action if needed. But on the down side, with a 4ah battery, it’s heavier than the DAS.

The cheap tiny Nano which I bought from eBay (which is remarkably similar to the Rupes product) is brilliant for hard-to-reach areas, as it has 3” and 1” backing plate, but I notice the latest DAS also includes a 3” plate. 
in short, I’d recommend the DAS unit. It’s very well made performs brilliantly. Incidentally, the DAS 6 is also very well rated, is comparable to the VonHaus at £90 (Here) and you can get a kit for £135 (Here) with all the required Gyeon compounds and three 6” pads to get you up and running. 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, numskull said:

I’ve got 3 DA polishers.
A mains DAS-6 Pro, a cordless Makita 18v DPO600Z and a cordless Mini Nano DA and Rotary polisher.
The DAS is excellent. It’s light and very powerful, but the Makita has more facilities, including a forced random action if needed. But on the down side, with a 4ah battery, it’s heavier than the DAS.

The cheap tiny Nano which I bought from eBay (which is remarkably similar to the Rupes product) is brilliant for hard-to-reach areas, as it has 3” and 1” backing plate, but I notice the latest DAS also includes a 3” plate. 
in short, I’d recommend the DAS unit. It’s very well made performs brilliantly. Incidentally, the DAS 6 is also very well rated, is comparable to the VonHaus at £90 (Here) and you can get a kit for £135 (Here) with all the required Gyeon compounds and three 6” pads to get you up and running. 

That's an in-depth and useful answer, thanks very much. I did see the DAS 6 mentioned on another thread a few pages back I think and general recommendations were good.

That kit seems like a good beginner kit. One maybe stupid question however, what to use to remove existing waxes/coating? I plan to go over with a tar remover and then clay bar prior to any mechanical work, is this enough to effectively take the paint back to a bare finish with no protection?