Infotainment System Freezing/rebooting intermittently

Hi all,

I’ve recently been having some strange issues with my infotainment system in my 2019 Mk3 Octavia. I pretty much only ever use it with CarPlay running Waze and some form of music/podcast app but recently the screen has been going blank and seemingly rebooting itself (though the Skoda logo doesn’t appear on screen) and once it has rebooted it fails to recognise my phone that is still connected. I end up having to disconnect the cable from both the usb port and phone before attempting to reconnect in the hope that it recognises the phone again. This works 8 time out of 10 but the other 2 times usually require me to turn off the ignition and remove the key. Sometimes this happens once in a 2 hour drive, other times within 5 mins of driving. Sometimes it doesn’t happen at all. For some context, I am using a iPhone 13, always up to date as its a work phone. No “dodgy” apps are used. Just the normal stuff like Spotify, Pocketcasts, Waze etc. The info from the infotainment system is shown below. Has anyone else had similar issues? 

65636F83-90E8-4AB8-828F-95176496DC75.jpeg

1 minute ago, varooom said:

You can update firmware to 0480, it might help.

Hard to say as no change logs are provided.

Hi, how are the updates carried out? Something I can do or do I need to go to Skoda?

• 2 weeks later...

I've had such problems with my MK3.

Random soft reboots, systems offline etc and would recover itself during a long journey. And at some stage it got worse and progressed to component protection lockouts. During every drive.

Resetting battery, fuses, the settings did not help. Finally got the MIB control unit replaced by Skoda, under the used car warranty I had. (Had to fight a bit was initially was quoted 1.4k to replace it.)

Its happening on my 67 plate SE-L. Random freezes, reboots and sometimes the unit fails to turn off when removing the key, this happened only yesterday. The only way to turn if off is a soft reboot (Pressing the on/off button for 10 seconds) then once rebooted manually turn it off. Had the navigation database fail a number of times as well. I had purchased a 32GB VAG SD Card so took the chance to re-format and update the maps, but it hasn't fixed the freezing issue. I'm running the latest firmware as well.

• 6 months later...
On 08/06/2023 at 21:42, varooom said:

DIY, with just an SD Card and about 20-40mins of your time.

Thanks for this - daft question… where are the software updates? I can only find mapping software updates at the moment. Thanks in advance for any help 😊