Dealers exclusive invitation - anyone else?

BTandSid

It seems I’ve been selected by Skoda UK and the local dealers for ‘exclusive access to an unprecedented opportunity . . . . ‘ to upgrade my existing Skoda. Seems they’ve been given unique access to over 300 brand new models available for June delivery. I have been chosen along with only a handful of others to receive considerable financial support in upgrading  . . . . . .

Reading that made me feel so special (probably because my surname begins with B so got picked out early 😄) and add to that the fact we only bought our car two months ago. Shame they didn’t want to throw all these incentives at me when we bought the car 😏

• Haha 1

I suppose it may be worth a look if I was in the market for a new car. Alternatively had we wanted but not been able to have afforded a higher spec model at the time of our purchase there might be reason to go along to see what the ‘considerable financial support’ packages amount to. Needless to say nothing of detail in my exclusive invitation. 
No mention either to free drinks and snacks 

If they have them coming into the country they want them sold and first registers and aiding the Fleet Average Emissions, and before any order books open on Facelift / MY 24 models.   They need to try every sales tactics they can.   Used prices still good and they need turn over.  The handful of special people needs to be dozens of handfuls to get enough doing an order. 

I just posted the same elsewhere in the forum, should have looked here first, got the email this morning!!

So, not so exclusive then.  Had my Karoq since Nov '21 so unlikely to be changing so soon and wasn't sure what their game was as this is my first Skoda group car.

My first thought was that they are unloading all the '23 spec cars in preparation for the '24 model year.  To be worthwhile for me it would have to be a very, very small cost to change for a like-for-like car but that is going to be extremely unlikely.  I had to wait something like 7 months from order to delivery for my current car because of the options and the chip shortage.

Wonder what their definition of considerable financial support is? 

Current offer on Karoq is £750 PCP contribution + £249 for a 2year service plan which going on the history of the model, is rubbish. They might double the contribution to make you feel better but that'd still be below the historical average contribution which was probably around the £1750 mark. When I bought mine, it was £2750 + £169 service plan. And the list was a damned site cheaper than it is now and that' before taking into account equipment levels.

Look at all the bits and bobs you have to add on these days and then go look at other manufacturers who included these as std even on their base models.

And there lies the problem with Karoq which could be the reason for this sales push - they're finding it hard to flog. Can't see many 1st time customers being attracted right now so perhaps the tactic is try current customers. They don't have a full hybrid or PHEV or EV to offer, it's just an old school ICE which they're charging a hefy price for. My view is Skoda have lost their mojo at the moment hence they've found themselves competing with lots more modern options.

We're changing down to a smaller car but if I were in the market for a car the same size, a Karoq wouldn't be on my radar. Our car is now 3.5years old and I don't have any complaint with it- it's been a great car. Thing is it's better equipped than the current cars, the latest engine is no different that the one I bought 3.5 years ago so why would I shell out £££'s for another less well equipped Karoq?

Edited by kodiaqsportline
  • Like 1

I feel I’m becoming less and less exclusive by the hour. Having received the initial email and the subsequent text I’ve now received an email attaching the Driven magazine, offering everyone the deal that Kodiaq Sportsline referred to 😄

• Haha 1

I had a look at the current deals and it's as stated above (£750 pcp cont. + service plan and 5.9% APR).  The Karoq, Kodiaq and Kamiq are 5.9% but all other models are 7.9% it seems.  Certainly nowhere near enough to attract my custom.

OK, I've had a phone call from my friendly Skoda salesman, enquiring whether I'm thinking of P/Xing my 2 1/2 year old Karoq yet. I presume they're looking for people whose lease deals are close to ending, but in my case his records should tell him that I specced the car as a factory order, and bought it for cash with a 5 year warranty! (My practice is to keep my cars for at least 5 years, and usually more.) And if he checked with his service department he'd know I'd driven less than 10,000 miles last November. 

He was very eager to tell me about the special deals he could arrange, so they must be having a sales push. But even if my wife would let me change cars so soon, he can't replicate the extras on my car such as the 360 degree Area View, or the Race Blue paintwork! 

Chris

SWMBO opened a letter from our dealer offering loads of stock (SWMBO’s words) Karoq at “cost price”, whatever that is vs reality.  Needless to say it went straight in the recycling bin (planet saved 👍 ) without me getting a look at it.  Planning to keep Skippy until it falls apart, it’s just perfect for what we do and hopefully means we’re not forced to go electric for a long, long, long time.   We usually keep cars for well over 10 years, we have a 12 year old and a 16 year old car in the collection that are still going strong. 

• Like 1