Parking assist not working

Hi all 

I'm new to this forum.

Hoping to get some advice.

I have skoda superb 2012 and it has parking assist so the car should park itself in parallel. Every time i press the button it says speed to slow regardless how fast you going.

This is what i tried so far. Vcds no fault stored.

Delphi no fault stored. I read somewhere that i should try changing the module which i did and still doesn't work. The only difference is when i changed modules is different message now says parking assist finished.

Thanks in advance hopefully i can fix this problem. 

P.s. not sure if it worked before i bought it like this already. 

Should you not be at a complete stop for the parking assist to do its job or do you have to control the accelerator?

If the latter then "speed too fast!" I could understand but "too slow"?

You have to be travelling at 30 km/h or less for it to work.

According to the manual (p. 121) 'Speed too Low' comes up if you have not exceeded 10 km/h since the ignition was switched on.

The system requires ESP to be switched on and functioning correctly, so check that for errors. It also gets messed up if it can't detect wheel speed correctly, e.g. one wheel is a different size.

Edited by chimaera
Corrected error

Regardless if i am in stop or moving message on the dash is allways the same i read the manual how to correctly use it but it doesn't work in any way i tried. This is why i came here to look for help. 

9 hours ago, erikiukaz1 said:

Regardless if i am in stop or moving message on the dash is allways the same i read the manual how to correctly use it but it doesn't work in any way i tried. This is why i came here to look for help. 

And I've given you some suggestions on things to check. This is not a problem I have ever seen come up here, so I doubt anyone is going to have a solution right away. You'll have to work through it bit by bit.

Do these vehicles really auto reverse parallel park at 30km/h? 😲

I would be baling out if anyone other than the late Ken Block tried to do that and no way would I entrust flaky electronics and sensors to do it.

You would have to be a seriously bad driver to decide to allow a vehicle to do that at 30mh/h rather than slowly and cautiously yourself

1 hour ago, J.R. said:

Do these vehicles really auto reverse parallel park at 30km/h? 😲

I would be baling out if anyone other than the late Ken Block tried to do that and no way would I entrust flaky electronics and sensors to do it.

You would have to be a seriously bad driver to decide to allow a vehicle to do that at 30mh/h rather than slowly and cautiously yourself

No. The system activates below 30 km/h which means it starts using the parking sensors to check the length of spaces as you pass them to find one long enough. It then prompts you to stop, select reverse and the car takes over steering while you manage gears/accelerator. When you've gone as far back as you can, you get prompted to drive forward and the car continues steering. When the car decides it's parked it tells you to stop moving and it returns steering control to the driver.

1 hour ago, chimaera said:

No. The system activates below 30 km/h which means it starts using the parking sensors to check the length of spaces as you pass them to find one long enough. It then prompts you to stop, select reverse and the car takes over steering while you manage gears/accelerator. When you've gone as far back as you can, you get prompted to drive forward and the car continues steering. When the car decides it's parked it tells you to stop moving and it returns steering control to the driver.

Thanks for the excellent description, I had not realised that it selected the parking spot for you, that is my weakness, spaces always seem big enough for my vehicle and with enough shunts or restarts they usually are but always with really impatient people klaxonning behind me.

Regarding the prompt to drive forward while parking, if it was ignored would the brakes come on?

9 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Regarding the prompt to drive forward while parking, if it was ignored would the brakes come on?

I don't think so, it plays deliberately dumb on everything except steering and parking distance and waits for the driver to decide what they're doing.

• Like 1