Dreaded wiring loom - Cannot locate spares for sale

Hello All,

I've come down with the shoddy wiring loom syndrome.

The loom is labelled as 5J0120GK and I've had not much luck finding anywhere selling this variant.

Am I out of luck and I'm going to have to pull this through and solder it back together? I'd just thrown in the towel on that one given the amount of breaks and what appears to be two brown wires (no stripes)

Cheers

Untitled.jpg

The full part number of that is 5J0971120GK. It has been superseded to 5J0971120HG, £98.70 + VAT from a Skoda dealership.

Not sure you'll find many if any other sources for a new one.

Amazing, thank you Pete!

I also called my Dad who's done this before and got some advice, might be able to acquire enough slack without having to fork out for a new part.

I'll need to figure out the brown wire but I guess I can test to see if it actually works properly before closing it up!

Repair kit with connector and wires with terminals attached suitable for any door on the vehicle costs €30 from Amazon France, likely to be cheaper in the UK.

• 3 months later...

Hello everyone, figured I should at least update this situation.

I've fixed the wires by splicing myself.

Method I landed on was taking the door card off; drilling out the speaker rivets and pulling the loom through and out of the hole left by the speaker.

Gives you plenty of space to work on the wires.

• Like 1