Headlamp Assembly

I have a 2017 Kodiaq with the TDI 2.0 L FWD Style model which has an LED assembly for the headlights.  I have noticed that the surrounding LED border is very weak for the daylight running light and turn signal.  This part seems to no longer be made, and I haven't gotten a straight answer as to whether a newer part would work.  This part currently costs over 1500 Euros locally, and it seems to be a known faulty part. 

The part number is 566.941.016.C it looks like the newer ones are using 566.941.016.E

Has anyone else done this post warranty?

Thanks for any insight

image.jpeg

I'm no expert on this sort of thing, but my understanding is that the letter at the end is essentially a revision number for the same part - therefore, E is a newer (and I guess improved) version of the same part that C was, and once they start making newer ones, they don't make the older ones because you just use the newer version.

I'd speak to a dealer - certainly in the UK it wouldn't be unreasonable to ask for a goodwill contribution to a replacement part from Skoda if it's a known issue.

• 1 month later...

I was able to order on eBay and have it shipped to Israel for around 200 Euros and 40 Euros in customs. 

Waiting for the part to arrive according to the install manuals I found here it seems to require a trip to the garage.

On 18/06/2023 at 11:46, Yogi-Bear said:

I'm no expert on this sort of thing, but my understanding is that the letter at the end is essentially a revision number for the same part - therefore, E is a newer (and I guess improved) version of the same part that C was, and once they start making newer ones, they don't make the older ones because you just use the newer version.

I'd speak to a dealer - certainly in the UK it wouldn't be unreasonable to ask for a goodwill contribution to a replacement part from Skoda if it's a known issue.

Nope that’s not at all how it works.

although the last letter can be a newer version, most of the time it is a completely different part or variant.

for example a headlamp unit ending in A may be LHD whereas B may be RHD.

Just cause everything but the last part is the same does not mean the part will work.

It certainly works that way with trim variants, for example the last letter(s) differ between a chrome or matt black radiator grille surround.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I went to have the assembly installed and they wouldn't do it, because the metal box that is attached to the assembly shown in the attached picture wasn't on the lamp.  Does this make sense?  The issue on the lamp is that the LED strip barely works.

And at the same time part of it broke during shipping.

image.thumb.png.3f4badfc16e369b1700f0ffd982fa08c.png

6 hours ago, SaxophoneMn said:

I went to have the assembly installed and they wouldn't do it, because the metal box that is attached to the assembly shown in the attached picture wasn't on the lamp.  Does this make sense?  The issue on the lamp is that the LED strip barely works.

And at the same time part of it broke during shipping.

What part did you get in the end? 

As the part number 566941016C is not superseeded to anything so you cant replace it with anything else.

That light unit fits kodiaq up to 29/05/2017

E is for 29/05/2017-10/12/18 so it cant be fitted to your car.

On 24/01/2024 at 21:50, SaxophoneMn said:

When I entered my chassis number the E part was supposed to fit. 😞

Entered it where?

If you give me your chassis number ill check the genuine system for you.

TMBJJ9NS6H8029984

I'm beginning to think the issue may just be the LED controller, where would I be able to get the parts separately.

Because other systems are suggesting that my Kodiaq is so old that the parts are different from the rest of the 2017 models.

Cheers.

I entered my car information here - https://www.autodoc.co.uk/car-parts/headlight-insert-10533/skoda/kodiaq/kodiaq-ns7/123934-2-0-tdi?criteria[574][]=000&criteria[100][]=R

22 hours ago, ApertureS said:

Entered it where?

If you give me your chassis number ill check the genuine system for you.

But I see that it was without the VIN - TMBJJ9NS6H8029984

Is this a replaceable part on mine as well?  I'm beginning to think it's the problem with the LED tube, since it works, but is rather weak.

image.jpeg.c6d6732a7cb9180cdc5acf0774d230f2.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.d3cc91da5b28ea14cc1e74f4fabf9446.jpeg

41 minutes ago, SaxophoneMn said:

I entered my car information here - https://www.autodoc.co.uk/car-parts/headlight-insert-10533/skoda/kodiaq/kodiaq-ns7/123934-2-0-tdi?criteria[574][]=000&criteria[100][]=R

But I see that it was without the VIN - TMBJJ9NS6H8029984

Is this a replaceable part on mine as well?  I'm beginning to think it's the problem with the LED tube, since it works, but is rather weak.

Autodoc does nothing specific other than the make and model of car, so you need to be sure you are ordering the right one.

For your car, the following apply,

LED headlight
D >> - 29.05.2017

1 566 941 015 C LED headlight left lhd 1  

(1) 566 941 016 C LED headlight right lhd 1
  12 7PP 941 597 C Control unit for LED lamp

and/or
Control unit for cornering
light and headlight range ctrl

and
for models with
fog lamps

13 8V0 907 397 AD Power module for
day driving lights

Turn signal indicator

(14) 7PP 941 571 AF Power module for
main light electronics

image.png.42098399ac9d411ed936155508f34943.png

• 4 weeks later...

I got the new control unit, the physical installation seems fairly straight forward, from what I see I'm supposed to disconnect the battery?

Can any ODB tester do the reset of the control unit.

image.png.9585e1325eb0e92279cc0003dda36110.png