Poor radio reception

Have just installed a JVC KD-G321 works great however I can only pick up 1 radio station when doing an auto search:thumbdwn: . I have the aerial adaptor connected but to no avail I havn't connected the blue flylead because I didn't know where it went the unit came with an ISO connector so have connected it with this., any help would be appreciated.

THe blue wire needs to be collected to the remote out on the head unit, this will power up the little signal amplifier and give you radio reception.

Slightly off topic...have noticed my Superb (55 plate) Elegance's radio reception often wandering off station or picking up another station (faintly) in the background. Can be annoying. Driving mostly in and around town so not as if I'm losing signal off in the sticks somewhere?! Just a thought that occurred whils reading your post....sorry that it's not helpful, :(

:) Should it connect to pin 5 on the power connector as its the 12v output for an electric aerial, have you changed over the ign and permanant 12v feeds in the loom to the JVC as VW changed them over to be nonstandard to the ISO connector system. ;)

when I installed the sony head unit in my mum's furby I found (thanks to briskoda) that I needed an inline aerial amp as the amp for the radio is in the skoda head unit.

with it installed it was fine.

they are a few pounds on that well know website.

this might not be the cause of the problem but it is worth looking at.

:) The amplifier is actually in the base of the aerial and needs a voltage feed down the coax from the radio, its 12v power is supplied with the Skoda radios and any aftermarket radio will need an adaptor to feed 12v into the aerial lead and thats why you need to connect the flying wire from the adaptor into the power connector. :thumbup: