Creaking noise when getting into car

Just noticed a creaking noise when getting into the car and over the longer bumps across the road. If I sit and bounce in my seat can also make the noise

Any ideas?

Car has done 64,000

Knees. Sorry couldn't resist. All cars will eventually make strange noises. Could be rubbers wearing on suspension, dry joints a whole host of causes. Any advisories on the previous MOT referring to bushes etc.

I'm more irritated by internal rattles and squeaks. 

Edited by FrankNicklin
  • Like 1
  • Cheeky 1

Basic stuff.

Probably involves Inspection and servicing and maintenance.

Get on the ground at the back left wheel as someone gets in the car and listen to the creak and figure out if the suspension.

Then you or someone else will need to get the wheel off or car on a ramp and then get eyes and ears involved in trying to find the source of the noise.

• Like 3

I have this on mine, which it had done from new. My noise comes from the handbrake, and is not there if I put gear in Park (auto) and leave handbrake off. I would try parking with car in gear (if manual), but with handbrake off, to see if still creaks.

• Like 1