URGENT HELP !

2 liter Skoda Superb dsg 2012. I had to have the cam belt changed. I am now told that gears 1,2 and 3 work fine but 4,5 and 6 go into limp mode. I'm 600 miles away from home HELP !!

You need to explain. is the DSG faulty right after the mechanic did the work on the engine or some while later.

?

Do you mean the cam belt was changed only in the last few days?

Even while away?

Do you mean that just now the DSG is faulty and you think that is related to the cam belt replacement? 

You need a mechanic and one that knows about automatics / DSG,s.

?

When was the DSG last serviced (miles and months or years) and how many miles has the car done in total?

3 hours ago, Godzillasdad said:

I'm 600 miles away from home

You need a good DSG technician. Our chances of knowing someone near you right now will be increased if you state your current location in the thread.

• Like 1

What do you mean by "I am now told........."

Have you not experienced the fault yourself?

What help are you asking for?

You still have not confirmed what location the car is in, if I were to guess I would say at a repairers in London while you are away.

So many requests for help these day are so lacking in detail that it becomes a guessing game.

@GodzillasdadThere is an excellent Automatic Mechanic 55 miles south in Forfar and he does repairs for garages in and around Aberdeen.

I do not know if he is on holiday just now though because this is about his usual weeks.

Because people put their cars here for him to do the repairs i do not know of any good Auto / DSG techs in Aberdeen.

You have John Clark Skoda but i do  jot know any Independents.

You could try calling my mate, but if he is working he will have a list of jobs waiting.

I will pop past in a while and see if he is in.

http://charlesbutlermotor-forfar.co.uk

Screenshot 2023-07-04 11.03.57.png

Edited by toot

2 hours ago, Godzillasdad said:

Thanks. I'm currently in Aberdeen city but live south of London.

Well, it's about 35 miles away, but Victoria Garage in Maud have a reputation...

problem solved!  Apparently the engine timing was off during the belt change and engine management didn't like it. I am now back home and the car ran well for the whole 587 miles. Thank's to all for your input.

• Like 1