Direct TPMS replacement valve / service kit

Evening all

I'm new to this section having just moved from a superb to a 2021 kodiaq sportline (before the facelift) 😀

I have direct TPMS on my car and need a service kit / replacement valve stem set for one of my wheels, can anyone help with the part number just in case please?

In short, the dealer put new tyres on my car before I collected it (great) but unfortunately they and the fitter have no idea that direct tpms exists on these cars and they broke the valve stem. The car is with them at the moment for a camera retrofit I negotiated in the deal but they looked up parts and cannot find direct Tpms on their system and so are trying to say it's aftermarket and the previous owner must of fitted it so they can't find the parts.

They're still looking into it so this may change, but as they are an hour round trip I'd rather just get a new stem kit (the  actual sensor is fine) and have it fitted locally if needs be.

Looking at some of the old online parts catalogues I think the part I want is 3AA998275A but also seen somewhere that suggests this was superseded by 5Q0601361A, but searching this part only seems to bring up other countries (mainly american) selling them, nothing uk based.

Halfords offers a valve service kit for cheap, but...... I'd rather not use them if possible for now lol

I retrofitted the TPMS to my Skodiaq, but I've used 5Q0907275 sensors.  I did make the mistake once of choosing Chinese clones of them and they all failed (all 4) within about 9 months.  Since then I've replaced them all with branded (Huf) units which have all lasted.  The failure mode was that they'd start  reporting 0psi for a short time which would get longer and longer until they stop reporting completely.

The ebay items for these sensors claim these part numbers are interchangeable although I've not validated it: 5Q0907275B,5Q0907275C,3AA998275,5Q0998270

I just change them myself when they failed as I have a bead breaker and some 600mm tyre irons.

The TPMS module that I fitted to the car was 5Q0907273B; not sure if different modules have different sensor requirements (regional frequencies maybe).

Thanks wokwon but that's the sensors and I'm after the valve part numbers.

The dealer has now managed to find them in their system so have ordered and will fit, I'll see if I can get the part number from them when I collect the car, presuming they have ordered just the valve and not the entire sensor.

2 hours ago, a666andy said:

presuming they have ordered just the valve and not the entire sensor.

It is normally the sensor that gets broken, not the valve stem!

On 10/07/2023 at 18:05, a666andy said:

I have direct TPMS

Does the car tell you the individual tyre pressures?

Thanks. AG Falco

2 hours ago, AGFalco said:

Does the car tell you the individual tyre pressures?

Thanks. AG Falco

Forgot to say, yes it does tell individual pressures for the working wheels - direct rather than indirect tpms 👍

The valve stem on the ones I ordered are part of the sensors.  As far as I can tell the valves themselves are just bog standard schrader valves screwed into the stem.  If you do find out that they are a variant of the standard schrader valve please do update this thread as I'd like to know that.

6 hours ago, wokwon said:

The valve stem on the ones I ordered are part of the sensors.  As far as I can tell the valves themselves are just bog standard schrader valves screwed into the stem.  If you do find out that they are a variant of the standard schrader valve please do update this thread as I'd like to know that.

The valve stems for the sensors are a serviceable item and are available separately. 
The Huf tyre pressure sensors I had to buy for my winter wheels, as my new Kodiaq has the direct TPMS , came with the valve parts separately and had to be assembled when fitting.

IMG_2106.jpeg

Confirmed part number that the dealer has fitted today is the superseded number I posted in my original post - 5Q0601361A

Good news is that my investigations were correct, the bad news is that I can't find a UK supplier yet, but from Czech they are quite cheap, around 7 - 10 euro a corner. Dealer told me they are about £29 each on their system ( I wasn't paying so didn't pay much attention lol)

I may get a couple of the older part number parts to keep in the car for now, no idea what the difference is but that's what is on the car now so should be fine.

cheers all

Edited by a666andy

16 hours ago, Kenny R said:

The valve stems for the sensors are a serviceable item and are available separately. 
The Huf tyre pressure sensors I had to buy for my winter wheels, as my new Kodiaq has the direct TPMS , came with the valve parts separately and had to be assembled when fitting.

Interesting, thanks.  Mine came pre-assembled.  Makes me wonder now if they were counterfeit.

7 minutes ago, AGFalco said:

Tried searching both part numbers and just kodiaq and no results, also doesn't seem like anything listed for sale from that link

I've ordered 2 from Deutscheparts for now, just under £20 delivered 

Edited by a666andy

The do sell spare valve stems as that is where my work get them from.

It will be their own part numbers, not OE though.

Glad you have it sorted though.

Thanks. AG Falco

• Like 1