2014 1.4TSI - Emissions failing with no check engine light

Hey everyone,

Has anyone had issues with emissions failing and no check engine light present on EA211? The car drives fine, both lambda sensors readings appear okay, fuel consumption is typical, there are no engine fault codes present, yet the car is failing emissions CO and lambda test quite badly. I don't drive just short trips and occassionally rev it up on longer trips. The car had eventually passed after adding some fuel additive, but I retested it again after recent service and it appears to still exhibit the problem.

The car has been re-tested at another MOT garage so the issue is definitely on the car side. I'm at the point of taking it to the main dealership so they can figure it out or get a software update. I have an OBD tool with the ability to look at some live data if required.

356206899_6352409178146447_6697198845829600295_n.jpg

When were your spark plugs last changed would be the most obvious question to consider first even before getting the diagnostic equipment out.

If the answer is recently, are they the  correct type etc, then move on to a live data session.

My EA111 1.4 Superb had all sorts of strange emission figures a few MOT's ago - they found the oil breather pipe wasn't properly attached. Normal service resumed when sorted.

• Like 1