boot open warning.

2016 pree facelift octy.

Im getting the boot open warning go on on and off almost constantly when driving. On-of to the point where it shows the white car, but the alert is not long ebough for the boot 'red door' to pop up most of the time

Checking the boot and it is indeed closed.

Doesnt matter if i give it a good slam or anything. Has just started happening and is starting to drive me made with the constant alarm bong going off.

Im assuming a problem with the latch somewhere.. any suggests on what i need to do and... Importantly... How exactly do i do that! 🤣

First thing i'd check is if you have added any LED interior lights or LED boot lights. I added LED boot lights to mine and now if anyone turns on the rear interior/reading light then I get boot open warnings.

Just now, lway said:

First thing i'd check is if you have added any LED interior lights or LED boot lights. I added LED boot lights to mine and now if anyone turns on the rear interior/reading light then I get boot open warnings.

I have changed out the lightsbin the boot for LED but I did that about 6 months ago (and never had the problem)

Currently there is no alarm... And now im just chosing not to open the boot 🤣 as 2 days ago it was 3 alarm beeps per second... Every second.. for my entire 45 minute journey.......

Remove the LED bulbs that you have fitted aftermarket.

these will be the cause of your problems :) you will probably find that if you turn the interior light on and open the glovebox you’ll get the same fault.

if this doesn’t cure it, come back to us as the micro switch in the latch may be faulty 

• 5 weeks later...

Thank you guys!

I had the same issue where there was a warning on the dash for a split second every second or 2 and the hazards would flash. Turns out I had bumped the interior map light when removing child seats and we also have the LED globes in the boot.

What an odd error to come up!