2010 mk2 fabia 1.2 htp suddenly burning oil and oily smell in cabin

22 minutes ago, lkpflk said:

I understand one of the causes of above problem, could be a blocked crankcase ventilation.

It could, but it could be other things too, like a porous flexible section in the downpipe. Put your hand over the exhaust exit(s) and see if the engine keeps running. It it does, a porous flexi is more likely than a blocked PCV.

Just now, lkpflk said:

Sorry, just realised its in mk1 forum

A Mod/Admin should move it for you :)

On 23/07/2023 at 21:57, Paws4Thot said:

It could, but it could be other things too, like a porous flexible section in the downpipe. Put your hand over the exhaust exit(s) and see if the engine keeps running. It it does, a porous flexi is more likely than a blocked PCV.

I did put my hand over the exhaust, and engine kept running. Which maybe accounts for smell in cabin, due to leaking exhaust, but not for excessive oil consumption. I took off lid of pcv contol valve, and it was a bit oily. Nothing much there, just a spring.