Abs pump fault , no brake fluid to nsr wheel

Hi skoda roomster 1.4 petrol 07 reg 

Failed mot yesterday on, NSR wheel no brake pressure,  my mechanic has looked at the car today and has looked at the braking system , there is no brake fluid reaching nsr wheel , so he believes the Abs pump is faulty.

Can I buy a used abs pump with matching part numbers,  will it need reprogramming??? 

Thanks Paul 

20230728_152553.jpg

I dont have my self study guide to hand to look at the hydraulic circuits but I believe that the hydraulic pressure in the braking system can be diverted away from a brake caliper on a skidding wheel with a corresponding pulsing and pedal moving towards the floor but cannot isolate any of the calipers, it is I believe a failsafe system for if the ABS unit fails or loses power.

You should jack the car up and apply the brakes while someone spins the wheel by hand and looks at the caliper, it could simply be a seized piston.

The other way to prove the hydraulic pressure is reaching the caliper is to press lightly on the pedal and ask your helper to release the bleed nipple on the caliper of the non braking wheel.